Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
1470369

My grandmother told me the story behind a scarf that was singed

My grandmother told me the story behind a scarf that was singed by elvis, and wasn't a concert scarf was that : My great Aunt who had died of breast cancer, apparently when she was younger, met Elvis in Louisiana. I believe it was somewhere there, and he was barely just starting out hadn't became real popular. Elvis asked my Great Aunt out, but with him not being super big and other factors my great aunt turned him down. Though I guess liking his music she, somehow, don't know if scarf was hers or from Elvis but he personally signed it. It's in the corner in big writing. The scarf it self is silky and dark navy blue. Now what would I need to do to see if the truth of this story, which is amazing to me, if this scarf real is the real deal and not a concert scarf? My Grandmother has it in Louisiana. It would be very important to now if it's the real deal, money is not why. It's the fact my Aunt choose to not get her breasts removed since she felt like that was all that mad e her pretty. I always thought from hearing my grandma my Great Aunt was beautiful in and out. Though I know she was, I would like to say she really was asked out by Elvis before he was totally famous.

THANK YOU!
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to Just Answer.

There would be no way to know if this scarf was indeed signed by Elvis and if it were genuine, without having it examined in person by a local entertainment memoribilia expert. There are so many 'fakes' out there, I understand the importance of knowing and wanting to know if this scarf is the real deal, just for your own knowledge and for your wonderful great-aunt's legacy.

If you can tell me your grandmother's location in Louisiana (city/town/zipcode), I can search for experienced dealers that might be able to help identify if this scarf is the real thing.

Please let me know if you need any additional information by clicking 'Reply'.

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for assisting you today (although you have made a deposit/have a subscription, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept').

Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated.

Best regards,
Cheryl
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience: TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst