Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
1470369

how do I contact MGM studio?

how do I contact MGM studio?
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer.

Here is the contact information for MGM Studios:

Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
245 N. Beverly Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN

E-mail Address: comments@mgm.com

Please let me know if you need additional information by clicking 'Reply'.

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for assisting you today (although you have made a deposit/have a subscription, no payment is released to the Expert until you click on 'Accept').

Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated.

If you would like to request me for future questions, please begin your question by typing "FOR CHER".

Best regards,
Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience: TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you for your help, is it common for people to buy a screenplay?
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hello again and you're most welcome.

Thanks very much for your accept and most generous bonus. They are greatly appreciated.

If a screenplay is available to the public either online or in person, it's not uncommon for a person to buy one or obtain one.

Best regards,
Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Cher, do you know of anyone that can correct a screenplay? and put it in the right
structure?

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hello again, and thanks for requesting me to help with your question.

I will check on this for you and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience.
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,

I have found these companies for you, that specialize in proofreading, editing and correctly formatting screenplays:

http://www.sibiaproofreading.com/Book-Editing/screenplay-editing.html

http://www.hollywoodscriptexpress.com/script-proofreading.html

http://www.editaid.com/

Contact them to see which would be best to suit your purposes.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
FOR CHER, thank you very much
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hello again, and you're most welcome,Customer

It's my pleasure to be of help to you! Please remember to click 'Accept' if my answer has been helpful.

Best wishes,
Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Cher, I was wondering if it would be alright to use an old movie, or an episode
of an old television series as a guide to write a screenplay?
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hello again,Customerand thanks for requesting me to answer your new question.

I hope you have been well! Laughing

I think it would be an excellent idea to use an old movie or television episodes from a series, to get an idea of how to write a screenplay. Some scripts may be available online, which you can use as a guide.

I'm wondering if you were successful in obtaining any information from the links I sent to you in my previous answer, for companies that can edit screenplays and help you format them correctly. If that information was helpful to you, please remember to click 'Accept'.

Please let me know if you need any additional information by clicking 'Reply'.

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for assisting you (although you have made a deposit/have a subscription, no payment is released to the Expert until you click on 'Accept').

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes the answer was helpful, thank you. I sorry for not responding to that, I thought I
did. I was afraid I might get sued for taking credit for someone else's work.
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hello again, and thanks for your reply.

I'm glad the last answer was helpful to you. All you need to do is click 'Accept', since you intended to do so, so I can get credit for the help.

I think you misunderstood my last answer; you cannot submit someone else's screenplay as your own or yes, you will be sued. I meant that you can use other screenplays/scripts as a 'guide' only, to see how they are constructed. This would be just to get an idea of how a screenplay is put together and how it progresses from scene to scene, maintaining continuity within the story, etc. You cannot use any of the actual words or ideas from another person's work; you would read these other screenplays just to help you get started in seeing what the method is.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Cher, if I was to create a screenplay, about a martial art movie, would I have to
specify every technique in a fight?
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks very much for requesting me.

Also, thanks for your patience, as I was offline when you posted.

I hope all has been well with you!

When writing a screenplay for a martial arts movie, every move in a fight scene should be specified, but your descriptions do not have to be very lengthy. You can get some good ideas here: http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1036340-Writing-fight-scenes

If you have found this answer helpful, please remember to click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for assisting you today (although you have made a deposit/have a subscription, no payment is released to the Expert until you click on 'Accept').

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Cher, on February 26, you sent me the contact information, for Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. I called them, and ask, to buy the screenplay of an episode of the outer limits , I spoke to a lady, she said the company doesn't sell screenplays
I called later, to ask permission to use the episode in a screenplay I didn't get an answer, is there any other way?

, I spoke
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for requesting me once again.

Please allow me a little time to research this for you further. Also, it would be appreciated if you could please click 'Accept' on the last few answers I sent you. Thanks! : )

I'll be back in touch with you soon.
Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I clicked but I don't know if it went through
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,

No, the Accepts never came through. I'll ask a Moderator to help.

I'm still researching your current question.

Regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your patience.

Unfortunately, there is no other way. You must get written permission from the production company to use the episode in a screenplay.

I would suggest, you try again, by phone, and if you are unsuccessful, send a written request to MGM.

Best regards,
Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT