N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in California since 1983
9653905

I have an Epiphone PR-100NA, pristine, signed by John Mayer.

Customer Question

I have an Epiphone PR-100NA, pristine, signed by John Mayer. Is it worth anything more than just the guitar?
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
still waiting. No hurry. I got an email saying more info was needed, which led me here.
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Sorry for the confusion, this is just a note to let you now that sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly.

Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 4 years ago.
The value at this time depends more on the condition and tonality of the guitar than the autograph. It is sad but true that the value will increase whenever the signer dies.

But even though the value today as a guitar depends on the condition, that is assuming it is being bought by a guitarist and not a fanatical fan of the person who autographed it.

It would be more valuable to a rich fan than to a working guitarist, who is more likely to get a Gibson anyway.

I hope these observations are helpful.
N Cal Atty, Attorney
Experience: Attorney in California since 1983
Thank you for accepting my answer.