Martin, Engineer
Experience:  Fan of Cinema and Video Games
14666028

I have been trying to find a way of purchasing or downloading

I have been trying to find a way of purchasing or downloading tv episodes from the past, in particular, Mr Ed the talking horse, from the 1960's. I am in Australia and cannot purchase instant downloads from Itunes USA, or Amazon USA, or any others that I have come across. They can be sourced if you are in the USA but not from Australia. Can someone direct me to a legitamite and legal site that I can access? Thanks for your time.
Hello, welcome to Just Answer.

Shout! Factory currently have DVD distribution right to that show:
http://www.shoutfactory.com/browse/281/mister_ed.aspx#axzz1kiQwqYsy
So you can buy some seasons from them. Australia is region 4 while USA is region one, so you will need to play them on PC or have a multi-region DVD player.
Martin, Engineer
Experience: Fan of Cinema and Video Games
Hello, and welcome to Just Answer.

You can purchase the complete series of Mr. Ed on 25 dvds, here:

http://www.ioffer.com/i/mister-ed-complete-tv-series-25-dvd-set-491640348

If you need additional information, please let me know by clicking 'Reply'.

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for assisting you today (although you have made a deposit/have a subscription, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept').

Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated.

Best regards,
Cher
From your feedback follow-up question "Do you know if they can be purchased as an instant download": I don't think so, i think they only have signed a DVD distribution deal. You might contact MGM to know if they licensed it for digital distribution somewhere.

If you want a legal public domain episode as a quick fix, you can always get that one:
http://www.archive.org/details/Ed_the_Beneficiary
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi again, Thanks for replying, I checked the link but that is one of the few episodes that we have found off the internet. It may have even been Itunes, they had one free podcast. The episodes can be purchased individually through Amazon and Itunes but only if you live in the United States. Thanks Again. Darryl.

I don't know of any distribution deal currently outside north America. It very possible that one exist that said, so you can try to contact MGM at [email protected] (they have the right to the show).
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks Martin, I might have to give it a go. I still have the other option of purchasing the dvd's as well. Thanks for your assistance. Darryl.

Ok, good luck.