N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in California since 1983

I need to entertain a group of about 30 rowdy men for 5 minutes.

Customer Question

I need to entertain a group of about 30 rowdy men for 5 minutes. There is no protocol except that I need to stand on top of a table!
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Erdaram replied 4 years ago.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is Eric and I will endeavor to answer your question.

Are you male or female? If you could give me some indication of why you need to do this and why the men are gathered there, it might help me to advise you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi I'm a male junior ranking military serviceman, it is a formal dinner, however, there is a window where I need to entertain the group minus the higher ranking men to pass 5 minutes. I have been given a free realm with what i can do
Expert:  Erdaram replied 4 years ago.

I agree that a hard one. How long do you have to prepare?

A lot of guys like magic but that seems kind of lame unless you can do some real cool slight of hand.

A demonstration of some kind perhaps, do you know marshal arts or can you come up with an antique, foreign or otherwise exotic firearm that many present will never have seen before where you can do a disassembly and reassembly demonstration?

Let me think some more.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your replies.

Unfortunately not. As I am the most junior ranking individual there (the very reason I was given this tasking), any kind of firearm I could get hold of will very likely of been seen before by the audience, some of which have 20 years experience on me! And I don't do any kind of martial arts etc to be able to perform to them!

I have been researching magice all day, but i came to the same conclusion as you have, all the tricks seem kind of lame!

If it helps, the special occasion is that it is the 70th anniversary of my corps.
I have until next Wednesday (1st Febuary)
Thanks again
Expert:  Erdaram replied 4 years ago.

OK, I will bet that a great many of them will not know how the corps came to be in existence in the first place. How about a history lesson on the corps before the corps and what events led up to it being formed?

By the way, Thank you for your service to our great country!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Many thanks again, however, a history of the regiment is something that is taught comprehensively during training, and I suspect a history lesson wouldn't be seen as an entertaining 5 minutes by a group of drunken rowdy soldiers!
Expert:  Erdaram replied 4 years ago.
Can you make animals out of Balloons? Just kidding! I will keep thinking and let you know if I can come up with anything worth while.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks for your time and effort
Expert:  Erdaram replied 4 years ago.

You are very welcome! Please let me know what you finally decide to do and how it comes out if are willing to do that! You can just post back here if you don't close the question. I will post back if I think of anything.

Also, please feel no obligation to click on the green accept button! Let this one be on me! Thank you for your service!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
plenty of good ideas but they're ones which i couldn't use
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 4 years ago.
Can you sing or tell a story?