Erdaram
Erdaram, Composer, Bass, Guitar, Keyboards
Experience:  I have been Writing, Arranging, Composing, Preforming and Recording Music for 37 years.
25936098

hello, Iam a 25 year old woman, Im 61" about 175 lbs.

Customer Question

hello,

Iam a 25 year old woman, I'm 6'1" about 175 lbs. I really really want to be a professional tennis player, being that I NEVER even held a tennis raquet in my life, but i watched the sport and was intrigued by it. Do you think im too old to start playing tennis as a professional sport?
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Erdaram replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will endeavor to answer your question. I am very sorry to say that 25 years old is certainly too old to pick up the game of tennis and hope to make it to the professional level. Most pro tennis players started when they were young children and practiced hours upon hours every day for years before they even find out if they're even good enough to play professionally. Even for those who do you make it into the professional ranks, by the time they make it the tour they have been playing for a half their life at least. That said, when you realize that the average age of retirement for a professional tennis player is 30, it is then safe to say that there is not enough time at 25 years old for a person to learn the game, practice enough hours to get good enough to make the professional tour and not be well past the age of retirement. My recommendation to you would be to buy a tennis racket and a tennis outfit send it if you can afford to do so purchase a membership to a tennis club and lessons with the best professional tennis pro you can afford. If you are an excellent physical shape and are divinely gifted with sexual stamina and hand, eye and foot coordination, you might be able to enter the completions at your tennis club and maybe even advance to local level competitions. Making the pro tour however, would be nothing short of a miracle. Please however, don't let this advice deter you from picking up the game and having a lot of fun!
Experience: I have been Writing, Arranging, Composing, Preforming and Recording Music for 37 years.
Expert:  Erdaram replied 2 years ago.

There was a terrible typo in my answer to you. Spell check killled me on this one, Please, Please accept my appologies and re-read this answer! I had no intention of writing the word "Sexual" but rather intended to write "Physical" in the 5th paragraph. Once I re-read what I had posted I was horrified!

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will endeavor to answer your question. I am very sorry to say that 25 years old is certainly too old to pick up the game of tennis and hope to make it to the professional level.

Most pro tennis players started when they were young children and practiced hours upon hours every day for years before they even found out if they were good enough to play professionally.

Even for those who do make it into the professional ranks, by the time they make it onto the tour they have been playing for a half or their life at least.

That said, when you realize that the average age of retirement for a professional tennis player is 30 years old, it is then safe to say that there is not enough time at 25 years old for a person to learn the game, practice enough hours to get good enough to make the professional tour and then not be well past the age of retirement.

My recommendation to you however, would be to not let that stop you from learning nd enjoying the game. Buy a tennis racket and a tennis outfit and it if you can afford to do so, purchase a membership to a tennis club and lessons with the best professional tennis pro you can afford. If you are an excellent physical shape and are divinely gifted with PHYSICAL stamina and hand, eye and foot coordination, you might be able to enter the competitions at your tennis club and maybe even advance to local level competitions.

Making the pro tour however, would be nothing short of a miracle. Please however, don't let this advice deter you from picking up the game and having a lot of fun!

Expert:  Erdaram replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for accepting my answer! If you need any help in researching good tennis racquets at discount prices or Tennis Club memberships in your area, just let me know!

You can request my personal assistance when you open another question simply by starting out your question with "This Question is for Eric". If if you do that, choose the longest time period offered in the menu where it asks you how long you are willing to wait for me to answer.

I am also an expert in the Home Improvement category here.

Here are links to my portals:

http://www.justanswer.com/entertainment/expert-erdaram/

http://www.justanswer.com/home-improvement/expert-erdaram/