Cher
Cher , MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
1470369

I NEED HELP WITH GETTING A DVR FOR MY TELEVISION SERVICE. IS

I NEED HELP WITH GETTING A DVR FOR MY TELEVISION SERVICE. IS IT POSSIBLE TO BUY
A DVR AND TO INSTALL IT ON MY TELEVISION? ALL THE OFFERS FOR COMCAST CABLE
AND DISH ARE TERRIBLY COSTLY.
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi, and welcome back to Just Answer.

I also have Comcast and I agree, their prices for DVR/cable boxes are quite high. However, you can call and ask if they are running any 'promotions' at this time, and get a discounted price on a DVR/cable box for a limited amount of time, and then, when that period of time is up, you can call and ask for additional promotions, to try to keep your monthly fees down.

If you want to buy a separate DVR, it will act almost like a VCR and allow you, in most cases, to record only what you're watching, so it wouldn't really be worth it. However, if you do want to buy a DVR, you can find it in Best Buy or CompUSA stores, or on the web, at eBay, Amazon, and NewEgg.com.

Tivo is another option for you, but you would need to pay for the Tivo service (monthly fee) in addition to renting a cable card to access programming from Comcast, so you would have 2 fees just to use the DVR you may buy. Tivo is available at the same stores and websites I mentioned above.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking "Reply".

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

***If you wish to request me in the future, please type 'FOR CHER' at the beginning of your question***

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,
Cher