N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in California since 1983

Grigiriy Leps is a popular singer in Russia and Ukraine. He

Grigiriy Leps is a popular singer in Russia and Ukraine. He sings a song called "Uhodi Krasivo". It is a cover version of an American song. I am trying to discover which American singer or song it is a cover of. I cannot seem to find the printed lyrics in order to translate them as a clue, nor can I find and album jacket that would probably give credit to the original artist. It's obviously not a life threatening question, but is important to me because I'm trying to find the answer for a dear friend. Can anyone help ? /translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&
indicates that cut is called Get Out Beautifully, track 19 from the album Waterfalls, and was published by Mystery Records.

The album called The Waterfall at
has it as track 11.

I listened to it at

I seems to be basically 4 descending chords repeated, reminiscent of parts of The Night They Drove Old Dixie down, and parts of Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves, but not exactly the same as either of those.

So if this was taken from an American song, I do not know which one it may have been. There are probably many copyrighted songs that use the same chord sequence.

I hope this information is helpful.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you very much for your effort (and of course the word 'copyrighted' is spoXXXXX XXXXXke a true lawyer) :)

From my initial listening of the song, I'm convinced that there is a bit of a Latin flavor or influence to it. I followed the links you provided and sent this same question directly to the record label. I would guess that they will either answer the question or completely ignore me, but it's worth a try and you certainly gave me at least a continuing trail I could follow. I would have preferred to have received the answer with more certainty, but I also realize the oddity of the question and I appreciate the time you gave to it. I'm going to accept your answer and thank you for your help...

Thank you for accepting my answer.