Erdaram
Erdaram , Composer, Bass, Guitar, Keyboards
Experience:  I have been Writing, Arranging, Composing, Preforming and Recording Music for 37 years.
25936098

How can I obtain editorial press... (paper, magazine write-ups,

Customer Question

How can I obtain editorial press... (paper, magazine write-ups, TV interviews) for new artist that just hit #41 National AC Charts?

http://www.sonicbids.com/epk/epk.aspx?epk_id=329185

www.splashdiva.com

Paul
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Erdaram replied 4 years ago.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will endeavor to answer your question.

Write your own (Professional) press release and distribute it to every entertainment editor you can find contact information for. Here's the trick though, Use FedEx, UPS or USPS (All signature requested). Emails will be skipped over and any corrospondence that doesn't require a signature is likely to get trashed by a subordinate. There are many new artists and unless SplashD is makeing tremendous leaps (Say 5 to 8 jumps a week) on Billboard it is going to be harder to get press until she hits in the top 15 or so. Even better, make an appointment and go speak to and hand your press release to the entertainment editors in person!

Here is another trick that seems to have really helped a few new artists.

In the event that you are not aware of this radio show, Coast to Coast AM with George Noory is the largest syndicated talk radio show on earth. It is brodcast world wide and over 13 milllion people listen every night. Here's the trick... On the 1st Sunday of every month George plays bumper music featuring new artists.If you submit yoru music and they play it, with 13 millioin people listening, if your music is actually good, it will get noticed and the press will likely come looking for you. Here is a link to how to submit your music to Coast to Coast AM.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/pages/new-music-sundays

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Erdaram

Regarding my own “professional PR” (I’ve done) but what news worthy info do you suggest

to get editors attention? The chart jump is impressive, the artist has gotten praise AR’s vocals, has master degree, worked for a local congressional figure in NYC… has only been at this few months and made charts, doing cover song “heart of glass” on up coming album Jan 2012…What kinds of things do you see will get them to write about her. On the personal side artist is 28 no kids - big sis cares for dad (just past kidney d) and now mom sick with cancer shes taking care of things while working 2 k jobs...

What kinds of thing does the editors like to write about?

Paul

Expert:  Erdaram replied 4 years ago.

The things you have mentioned are the things they want to hear. It sounds like a very impressive young lady! if she is not a member of NARAS she needs to join.

http://www.grammy.com/

http://www.grammy.org/recording-academy/member-benefits

She needs to be active on Facebook, MySpace, Twitter and Linkedin

(I'm sure you already knew that)

Search Linkedin for Entertainment editors who might be interested

Editors receive so many PR packages it becomes overwhelming. When it comes to publications like "The Miami Times" The editors receive hundreds a week, Billboard Magazine... they get thousands.

A standard Promo package won't do it. You need to stand out. The first trick is to write the article (press release) yourself or have a good writer write it. Write it just the way it needs to appear in the publication and include a disk with a digital copy (or a link to a website where they can download a digital copy) so if they choose to run with it, they can just download it and then tweak it to their satisfaction. Then as I said before, your delivery has to also stand out. The best way to get the attention of an Editor short of knowing someone who can make a personal introduction is to send it via FedEx requiresing that the Editor themselves has to sign for it.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK Thx
Expert:  Erdaram replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the accept! If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.