Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
1470369

which female musicians have covered the songs Wild Thing and

Customer Question

which female musicians have covered the songs Wild Thing and I'm A Wild One
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  indieflmkr replied 5 years ago.

indieflmkr :

Hello - Are you referring to the Troggs "Wild Thing" or the Tone Loc "Wild Thing"?

Customer:

The Troggs.

Customer:

I don't believe any females have ever covered the Tone Loc version, but I distinctly recall having heard several female artists cover the Troggs' version on the radio; I just never heard it mentioned who any of those women were.

indieflmkr :

Ok, thank you for the clarification. I will open this back up for the experts to answer.

Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been an Entertainment Expert and Mentor on Just Answer since May, 2006. I'm happy to help you with your question.

Amanda Lear, a French singer, covered "Wild Thing" for her comeback album 'Secret Passion', and added a "synth-pop" feel to it. The single was released in 1987 and produced by Christian De Walden. She performed the song on a number of TV shows, but it failed to chart.

This song was also covered in the 1970's by a British band called 'Fancy'. It reached #14 on the U.S.charts. 'Fancy' was lead by a female vocalist named Helen Court; her version was very erotic, pre-dating Donna Summer's similar style on 'Love to Love You'. You can see more interesting facts about this song, here:
http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=1791

Please let me know if you need any additional information by clicking 'Reply'.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

**To request me in the future, please type 'FOR CHER' to begin your question**

Best regards,
Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience: TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst