N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty , Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in California since 1983
9653905

Two Outs, Bases Loaded, Count 3 and 2------What is the next

Two Outs, Bases Loaded, Count 3 and 2------What is the next Pitch, and Why?
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 5 years ago.
When that happened the other day, the Giants annoncer said the pitcher has to throw into the strike zone because they could not afford to walk a player with runners on first and third. But even if no one is on base, throwing a ball in that situation results in a walk, so whenever the count is 3 and 2, the pitcher is going to try to throw a strike (unless the manager wants to walk the batter, which is very rare).

My answer is, when the bases are loaded and the count is 3 and 2, the next pitch has to be a strike, or else the batter walks to first base, and the player at third walks in a run.

Thank you for accepting my answer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was hoping for a little more of the history on the subject, bit I won't ding you for that. Was hoping more for the outcome-- out, run scores, foul ball. and the %% chance of ocurrance. I wa a great hitter in my day and first tried out for the Colt 45's many many moons ago. Was asked this question by a baseball guru. Want to give him a better answer. But thank you for trying.
Thank you for using Just Answer, I'm sorry I do not know what the odds of each outcome are and it probably varies depending on weather, wind, light conditions, whether the batter and pitcher are left or right handed and other factors, some of which are intangible and/or random.
Thank you for accepting my answer.