Cher
Cher , MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
1470369

Please can you give me the context of the song My Lady the

Please can you give me the context of the song " My Lady the Countess" ( "Le Faccio un Inchino") from Cimarosa's opera, "The Secret Marriage" ? Why are the sisters so angry with each other?
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi, and welcome to Just Answer.

From my understanding of the song/opera, I believe the sisters are angry with each other because their father is trying to arrange marriages for both of them, so this causes a jealousy/competition issue. In addition, since the one sister is already secretly married, the father's efforts are useless for her, and the older sister feels this detracts from her own marriage prospects, if they are also being considered for her sister.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking 'Reply'.
I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,
Cher