Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
1470369

Why was Ray Liotta not credited for his role in the film Date

Why was Ray Liotta not credited for his role in the film Date Night?
Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer!

Very often, well-known actors in cameo roles will request to be 'uncredited' for various reasons. Sometimes, they do not want to 'overshadow' the film's stars by drawing attention to their name; sometimes, if it was a small (cameo) role, for which they did not get paid much, they don't want it to appear on their resumé, as this can adversely affect future pay for future roles. Sometimes, they do it out of respect for the stars, especially if they are personal friends.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking 'Reply'.

***If you wish to request me in the future, please type 'FOR CHER' at the beginning of your question***

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,
Cher