Martin , Engineer
Experience:  Fan of Cinema and Video Games
14666028

I would like to get the name of a movie make in the 1960s;

Customer Question

I would like to get the name of a movie make in the 1960's; a western with civil war background of soldiers of the south going up to top of mountain; setting up a cannon and shooting at union trains. It is one of my favorites and would to purchase the DVD but forgot the name of the movie. Please help me
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi, and welcome to Just Answer.

Can you remember the name of any of the actors/actresses in the movie?

Was it made in the U.S. or elsewhere?

Is it a well known movie?

Thanks for all your additional detail.
Cher
Expert:  Martin replied 5 years ago.
Hello. The movie is "Drums in the Deep South" (from 1951). Here is the an extract from the synopsis:

"With help from a farmer he is to meet along the way, Clay is to guide his men and two cannons up the cavernous inside of the mountain, then from the top, bombard the Union Army's supply train route."

Here is a link to a place where you can buy it: [click me]
Martin, Engineer
Experience: Fan of Cinema and Video Games
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello again,

The movie you describe, from 1966, is a Western with a Civil War background, entitled "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly", starring Clint Eastwood. You can read more about it here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060196/

The DVD is available for purchase from Amazon and many other stores: http://www.amazon.com/Good-Bad-Ugly-2-Disc-Collectors/dp/6301971272

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking 'Reply'.

***If you wish to request me in the future, please type 'FOR CHER' at the beginning of your question***

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,
Cher