Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
1470369

Hi! I am holding a Comedy Benefit to raise funds for a short

Hi! I am holding a Comedy Benefit to raise funds for a short film we are making. The event is at a local restaurant. My question is about ticketing. The manager suggested people just order of the menu, rather than pay for the Buffet. the comedy show has national comedians (who are donating their time) and we will be having a silent auction for donated local services. What should I charge for admission? any ideas? Thanks, David
Hi David, and welcome to Just Answer.

Since this is a fundraiser, $50, including 2 drink tickets sounds reasonable; however, you'd have to take into account how much it will cost for the food. If ordering off the menu is included in the $50, it should still reasonable for the guests and for your fundraising purposes, depending on the prices of the entrees.

In order to get people to order off the menu and not from the buffet, you can easily print up you own menus, including only the food selections you'd like to offer. If the manager told you the guests may order anything from the entire menu, simply print up a few notices for the tables (or to include in the menus provided by the restaurant) and perhaps to include with the invitations (or on advertising flyers, etc.), saying something like: 'any item from the menu may be ordered--buffet excluded'.

I wish you much good luck with your fundraiser and hope you are very successful!

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking 'Reply'.

***If you wish to request me in the future, please type 'FOR CHER' at the beginning of your question***

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,
Cher