N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in California since 1983

who were the players on the first football team Baylor university

who were the players on the first football team Baylor university had? what year was the first football team organized for Baylor Univ? is there a picture of that first team? is there a man named William Wallace Simmons (born: May 22, 1883) who played on that first team??
I cannot answer this for you, but I think I know who can.

The author of this article

On Oct. 19, 1899, Baylor’s new football squad played its first game –– probably more like a scrimmage –– against Toby’s Business College.

The author must have the roster because he wrote"
On that first team Baylor fielded, the players weighed an average of slightly more than 170 pounds. That’s no misprint –– 170 pounds. The heaviest Baylor player — the biggest man on the line — didn’t even top 200 pounds, weighing just 196. The smallest Baylor player tipped the scales at an anemic 136 pounds. Despite all this, Baylor held an advantage over the poor Toby’s College players, whose average weight was only about 150 pounds.

That page concludes:
When he isn’t researching Waco history or trying to learn to play the ukulele, former broadcast journalist Randy Fiedler works as a communications specialist with Baylor marketing and communications. He can be reached [email protected]

I hope this information is helpful.
Thank you for accepting my answer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was always told that my grandfather played on that first Baylor team. I am looking for conformation or denial of this. His name was William Wallace Simmons (he was sometimes called "Will"), born: May 22, 1883. Was there a picture of this first team?
Thank you for accepting my answer.

I cannot find a photo of the first team on line but Randy Fiedler might have one, see
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello N Cal Atty,

I have been dissappointed in your answer because it wasn't the answer to my question! It was some interesting information, but after asking my question two times and getting the same informative "non-answer" both times..........If this man has the answer I want... shouldn't you try to get the information instead of me having to do that???

I just emailed the author with your questions, I'll let you know as soon as get a reply.
The author finally emailed me back yesterday and he is trying to get the answers you asked for.

I will post again as soon as I hear from him.