Teacher Editor
Teacher Editor , Entertainer
Experience:  I was a magazine editor.
19568076

To whom it may concern, I am looking for information on

To whom it may concern,

I am looking for information on Copyright laws. I am an independent Rapper, therefore I need to have knowledge in the area of Copyright. I need to know if my work needs to be copyrighted and if it does, how can I do this?

Thanks
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Teacher Editor replied 5 years ago.

Linda Roch :

You do need a copyright on your work.

Linda Roch :

You can do this by putting a copyright symbol on any work you have in terms of notes, music, etc.

Linda Roch :

You can also register this with the copyright office

Linda Roch :

This is to protect you from someone else claiming that they own ownership of your work

Customer :

Ok, thank you. I also noticed your a magazine editor, when I finished writing my album song I am planning on realeasing my music to stores via tunecore, which will sell it to Itunes, amazon mp3 and other stores. However, Tunecore does not do promotion. Therefore I was wondering if you could give any information or tips on how I can promote myself. I will not be signed to a label by the way, I will independent - would I able to get into a magazine as an Independent artist?

Customer :

Thanks,

Customer :

Yours faithfully Leigh Howells

Linda Roch :

You can definitely get into certain magazines as an Independant artist, you just have to send your music samples out to many many editors (as many music ones as you can find).

Linda Roch :

You need to really hype up your music by making facebook pages, inviting friends, putting your music samples on web sites, etc.

Linda Roch :

You should also try to put keywords on your web page to make it easier to find you and try to get your name out there via the web or any other way.

Linda Roch :

It is a tough road but I'm sure if you are energized and willing to work hard, this will work for you.

Linda Roch :

Please press Accept if this has helped.

Customer :

Thank you for the advice! And I'm very passion about music, therefore I am planning on working hard, so any luck I'll be successful.

Linda Roch :

that sounds good, please press Accept.