N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in California since 1983
9653905

I want to send to national media a story about my mothers

I want to send to national media a story about my mother's traumatic stay in a hospital ICU where she took a fall after a brain surgery, and later developed brain bleeding that sent her to coma for 27 days. During which she contracted MRSA (anti-biotic resistent bateria) and urinary infection. Now she's still MRSA positive and incapable of getting out of bed. She's also on tube feeding and has a "Trake" for breathing. The hospital is kicking her out to a SNF where there'll be less medical care. I am outraged with the whole mess and would like to puclish this story so that everyone can see how terribly this hospital network is taking care of the patients. What will be some good websites that I can contact the media through?
You can post the story at
http://www.guaranteedhealthcare.org/node/add/user-story

http://sickothemovie.com/what-can-i-do/
also suggests posting on Youtube.

If you tell me where this happened I can look for medical malpractice lawyers there for you to consult. Well tended patients do not fall down, and it sounds like the hospital staff were negligent in allowing that to happen.

I hope this information is helpful.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you very much for your info.

This happened in Dayton, OH. The hospital is Kettering Memorial Hospital. We are in the process of getting my mom's medical record. We submitted our request on 11/30/10. When I checked back with them on 12/23 about the record status, I was told that a few doctors still haven't completed their entries yet and we can't even get it during the first week of January, 2011. Is there a law in Ohio saying that the hospital has 30 days to respond to a request of Medical record? If you have any aggressive lawyer friend practice in Ohio, please refer them this situation. My number is XXXXX one three five zero eight seven four six zero. This hospital needs some major slap so that they will spend more money on patient care instead of focusing on decorating their hallways.

http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/Medical-Malpractice/Dayton/Ohio lists medical malpractice attorneys there, some of whom offer a free consultation.

I am not aware of any specific time within which the hospital has to produce the medical records prior to being formally subpoenaed.

I am not allowed to call you, but thank you for accepting my answer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
All right, thanks!