Cher
Cher , MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
1470369

how did Rudolph get his red nose

Customer Question

how did Rudolph get his red nose?
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi Customer and welcome back to Just Answer.

This is a true account of how the story (then the song) "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer" came to be: http://www.christmaswithlove.com/rudolf.html

Rudolph was given his red nose so he could be 'special' and guide Santa on his sleigh, through the dark night.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback will also be greatly appreciated.

If you need any additional information please click 'Reply''. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards XXXXX XXXXX Holidays!
Cher
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I didn't ask why, i asked how.
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello again, and thanks for your reply.

Rudolph's red (lit up) nose is suspected to be a result of "bioluminescence", a scientific occurrence. You can read the full account here: http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/family/rudolph-red-nose-reindeer.htm
Please click 'next page' in the middle of the first page, underneath the 'video square', to read the full article and explanation.

This is a logical scientific explanation of a fictional phenomena.

Regards,
Cher