Cher
Cher , MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
1470369

Since there is no TRAVEL category, I thought this might be

Since there is no TRAVEL category, I thought this might be the best place to start. I have a friend in Boston who would like to come to Sarasota, FL. What are some of the options available. Specifically: is there an airport other than TAMPA? or one other than LOGAN?
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again Customer, and welcome back to Just Answer!

When would your friend like to travel (from which date to which date), and what price range are you looking at, for a roundtrip ticket?

Thanks for all your additional detail.
Cher
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am trying to get that information for you Thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK. here are the dates: Jan 19 thru the 22nd
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
by that I mean Leaving Boston on the 1/19 and returning on 1/22
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply with additional information re: the travel dates.

The nearest airport to Sarasota is the Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport (airport code SRQ). This is closer to Sarasota than the airport in Tampa. Here is more information:
http://www.ifly.com/sarasota-bradenton-international-airport

The nearest airport to Logan is in Worcester, MA (airport code ORH), which is about 42 miles away. If your friend lives closer to Boston, Logan would be the best bet.

Just wanted to let you know I'm still working on your query and researching the travel dates now.

Regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again, and you're most welcome.

US Airways, Air Tran and Jet Blue seem to have some decent prices for those dates:
http://www.bookingbuddy.com/tabsearc hes.php?search_mode=air&source=bbs_ifly_hp_travel_195380-a_020&departure_city=BOS&arrival_city=SRQ&num_travelers=1&search_type=roundtrip&departure_month=01+2011&departure_day=19&departure_time=anytime&return_month=01+2011&return_day=22&return_time=anytime&service_class=no_preference

You can also go to this link below, click on any of the tabs up above, to find other prices and selections of flights:

There seems to be a fee to book through this site, so I wouldn't recommend that, but now you know that there are flights available from Boston's Logan to Sarasota-Bradenton's airports.

If you would like me to search the airlines themselves, please let me know and I would be happy to do that for you.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback will also be greatly appreciated.

If you need any additional information please click 'Reply''. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help!

Regards,
Cher