Cher
Cher , MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
1470369

in which tv drama did an actress defecate on screen

Customer Question

Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to Just Answer.

Was this an original tv drama made in the U.K., America, or elsewhere?

Was it 'made for tv', was it a series, or a tv movie?

Do you know what year it is from?

Do you know the name of the actress or any other actors in the drama?

Do you know the theme/plot of the story?

Thanks for all your additional detail.
Cher
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I believe it was a UK TV drama from the 80s but don't know much more than that. Urban legend has it that a UK newspaper ran a headline along the lines of "disgusting actress defecates on camera".
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks very much for your reply with additional information.

Please allow me a little time to research this for you.

Thanks,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your patience.

I think this may just be an Urban Legend, because the only thing I'm finding re: this subject, after researching TV dramas and newspaper headlines from that decade, is an elephant named Lilli who defecated on camera while on a children's show called 'Blue Peter'. Perhaps the newspaper was trying to attract readers by publishing that 'shocking' headline (if it was indeed, published), and it really referred to the animal, Lili.

I also found the following, from 'The Singing Detective', run on BBC in 1986, but it involved a male character defecating on the desk of a teacher, and it's not clear whether this was actually shown in the show. Scroll down about halfway, on this webpage, to 'The Singing Detective BBC, 1986' for a description.: http://cinetext.philo.at/magazine/voigts-virchow/suspense_potter_lynch.html

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback will also be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am told it refers to a drama where the actress was asked to pee for a scene. She told the director just before filming that she would defecate. It was not explicit and it was only the audio that gave it away. It was described to me as a kitchen sink drama.
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply with more information.

I'd be happy to research this for you further, and let you know what I find.

Thanks for your patience.
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again,

The particular information you're seeking doesn't seem to be available online with the limited facts you were able to provide, so I will 'opt out' of your question and leave it open for other experts.

Best regards XXXXX XXXXX Holidays!
Cher

Edited by Cher on 12/19/2010 at 3:23 AM EST