Martin , Engineer
Experience:  Fan of Cinema and Video Games
14666028

what is the old jangly piano tune simon mayo uses as incidental

Customer Question

what is the old jangly piano tune simon mayo uses as incidental music on drive time?
I think it's been used in a Sainsburys TV advert recently too.
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Martin replied 5 years ago.
Hello, welcome to Just Answer. I am not in the UK so i don't get that radio show, if they have it in mp3 podcast format, you can give me the link and i will check it (you can also record and post it here for us). As for the TV advert, there is some on youtube, can you identify the one you mention from that list and post us the link. The 140 year one with piano seem the closest i found so far to your description. It's the theme from a 1985 Swedish movie "my life as a dog": link (composer should be Björn Isfält).

Edited by Martin on 12/3/2010 at 8:58 PM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The piece is played as incidental music on the Simon Mayo Show . You can hear it on BBc Radio 2 website play again service. Show was broadcast on 03/12/2010 at 5.05pm 'Simon Mayo Drivetime' The pice is played as he talks over an introduction at 34minutes and 30 seconds showing on the playbar elapsed time. I hope this can help you with my question.
Expert:  Martin replied 5 years ago.
The podcast version of that day is only 35 min long and it's not on it. The full version seem to not have piano at 34:30. Did you looked at the previous link i posted (you did not directly told me they were not the right piano music)?

Edited by Martin on 12/4/2010 at 7:01 PM EST