Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst

Im looking for a homemade Christmas ornament that is baked,

I'm looking for a homemade Christmas ornament that is baked, but is not edible. After baking you can put some ginger oil or any kind of other oil you wish for a great smell.
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi Customer, and welcome back to Just Answer.

There are several ways you can do this. One, is with a salt dough recipe which you can cut in to desired shapes with cookie cutters or other utensils to design the ornament you want, then bake, paint/decorate (if desired); if you would like to apply some scented oil, you will need to first apply a 'sealing' product like a varnish or 'Mod Podge' (available at craft and hobby stores), appropriate for the dough, so it doesn't eat away at it.
Here are recipes for the dough, plus other design ideas:,1822,155191-254200,00.html

This one is made with cinnamon, so no oil needs to be added:,1822,155181-246207,00.html

This one needs no baking and will have a good, holiday smell from the ingredients:,1822,154180-246207,00.html

Other variations:,1722,155175-241203,00.html

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback will also be greatly appreciated.

If you need any additional information please click 'Reply''. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help!