Hugh, Composer, Producer and Performer
Experience:  20 years experience in performing, studio sessions, producing, composing, entertainment management.

I am looking for soemthing for my kids for xmas. They get

I am looking for soemthing for my kids for xmas. They get on the internet alot and I thought of getting them a netbook. Is this a good investment and do you have a certain one you recommend
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Hugh replied 5 years ago.

Hugh :

Hello - welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX can help you.

Expert:  Hugh replied 5 years ago.
Netbooks are a great investment for kids who use the Internet a lot. I purchased 2 netbooks for my kids last year and they are still going strong.

Netbooks are really for surfing, word processing and that type of thing,that require limited resources. They are not practical for gaming and memory intensive programs.

I recommend the Asus EEE series netbooks. That's what I purchased. The newest one is the 1018 model. They are very affordable and have a sleek design. Very light weight, thin and portable. 10 inch display and touch pad for mouse mobility. Comes with a built-in web cam. My kids use it for Facebook, talking to their friends via web cam, homework purposes...stuff like that. It's user ready, right out of the box. Smile

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Edited by Hugh on 12/2/2010 at 4:06 AM EST