Hugh
Hugh, Composer, Producer and Performer
Experience:  20 years experience in performing, studio sessions, producing, composing, entertainment management.
22399724

Is there a possibility that Eminem will be interested in a

Is there a possibility that Eminem will be interested in a normal woman like myself? My desire to contact Eminem is so strong. I have already send a letter directly to Paul Rosenberg, Eminem's production manager, to give that letter to Eminem to read. I release it's difficult to reach Eminem even through his production manager, but I hope for the best.
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Hugh replied 3 years ago.
Hello. Thanks for your question. I've been in the music business for many years, and being truly connected to the inside, is about who you know. I know this isn't big news, but it holds truth.

Artist managers (such as Rosenberg) are very protective of their artists, thus it is difficult to get the attention of a musical artist through this avenue. Stars of his magnitude have to deal with the paparazzi, stalkers and sometimes, death threats. So, you can imagine how difficult it is to get close to them. You can't blame them!

I've met and played on stage with many famous musicians/artists (even played in front of the President of the United States...). They are normal people like you and I which is sometimes hard to fathom, since they are hyped so much in the media and you see their face everywhere you go! So, I can understand the allure you may have with Eminem. (BTW: I've never met Eminem!)

In my experience, music stars and actors alike are often introduced by acquaintances to people they are attracted to. It's common in the entertainment business, since much of the time, they are so busy with their work. You often see famous people dating other famous people, because they are in the same circle. However, it is not uncommon for a music artist or actor to date people who are not famous. In fact, some of them prefer it. But being in a relationship with a famous person is not easy, by any means. The demands on their time is immense and of course, everyone wants to be with them. This is why many of them lead very guarded and private lives.

My advice, is to not give up on your dream. If two people were truly meant to be together, it's my belief that their paths will cross. However, you will have to be more "active" so to speak in pursuing what you want by getting connected into his world, through the friend that knows the hairdresser, that knows the publicist, that knows the manager routine. You know what I mean! You have to meet people who are indirectly connected. At the same time, you don't want to come across as someone who is obsessed. That will work against you!

Just a thought....sometimes it's possible to become what they call a "runner" for concerts (an Eminem concert, perhapsWink) Runners are people who usually live in a certain city where a musical acts plays at. They are basically gophers for the bands. You work hand in hand with the tour managers and promoters, so that can serve to get you a bit closer. If you are a good worker and at the same time, they take a liking to you, you can begin to develop relationships. This isn't always easy. Getting a runner job for a particular show or shows is normally through someone you know, who is connected with the promoter of the specific show. This isn't a paying gig, but rather a volunteer position. Just remember, tour managers can be harsh....they are all about running on schedule, but there are moments in a show (usually when the band is on stage performing) where there is a little more down time. If you have a good work ethic and great personality, you may click.

Sometimes, if you are lucky, you can drive a band member to the mall to get a new shirt or perhaps drive a guitar tech to your local radio shack to get a fuse. I've seen shows where you have to find a place for the band and their entourage to play basketball. It all depends. Often if you are lucky, you are able to see the musical star around and about prior to sound check, but again, it all depends. Sometimes, you never see them.

Thanks for using Just Answer!

Edited by Hugh on 11/29/2010 at 7:16 PM EST
Hugh, Composer, Producer and Performer
Experience: 20 years experience in performing, studio sessions, producing, composing, entertainment management.