Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst

I saw a movie about a maid that moved to Maine(I think) and

I saw a movie about a maid that moved to Maine(I think) and went to work for a couple. At first the wife of the couple gave the maid a very hard time. The maid met a fisherman in the local town where she shopped. The wife of her employer found out that her husband was cheating on her and had for some time. She and the maid finally became friends and she kicked her husband out. I think the maid may have been Sally Field. Do you know the name of the movie?
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi, and welcome back to Just Answer.

Do you remember around when this movie was released?

Was it a comedy, drama, thriller?

Can you remember any other actors in the film?

Thanks for all your additional detail.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I think say 3 to 5 years ago. It was a drama and I dont remember any of the other actors
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply with more information.

Just a few more questions, if you don't mind: do you remember the approximate ages of the maid and the couple?

Was this a movie shown in theaters and do you remember if it was nominated for, and/or won any awards?

Or, was it possibly a TV movie?

Are you remembering the maid having dark hair, being petite, and resembling Sally Field?

If it didn't take place in Maine (you said you weren't sure), are there any other locations it could have been? Was it definitely New England, and did it seem to be filmed on location?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It was a tv movie.

the maid late 30s

the couple mid 40s

almost positive the maid was sally field or her twin

i think it was maine and screened on location.

also either the made or the wife hurt their leg in the movie

Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your additional and helpful information.

This TV movie with Sally Field was from 1999 and is entitled "A Cooler Climate". You can read more information about it, here:

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback will also be greatly appreciated.

If you need any additional information please click 'Reply''. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help!

Edited by Cher on 11/28/2010 at 7:14 AM EST