Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
1470369

Hi...is it okay if I put my macaroni and cheese together tonight

Hi...is it okay if I put my macaroni and cheese together tonight (with eggs, milk & sour cream) and then refrigerate overnight and don't cook it until tomorrow? Thank you!
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi, and welcome back to Just Answer.

I would not recommend putting together your macaroni and cheese tonight, then baking tomorrow, mainly because you are using eggs in addition to the dairy products. Also, the pasta will become too mushy, as it will absorb the liquid ingredients when you combine them and it sits overnight.

If you would like to put it together and bake it tonight, cool, then refrigerate, it often tastes better after being heated through, in the oven, with a crunchy (breadcrumbs or panko, and grated parmagiano reggiano cheese) topping, not added until you re-heat. Also, you can cook only your macaroni tonight, but mix in a little bit of olive oil or canola oil after rinsing/draining, so it doesn't stick together when refrigerated. Then, tomorrow, you can mix in your other ingredients and bake.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback will also be greatly appreciated.

If you need any additional information please click 'Reply''. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Regards,
Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience: TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst