Cher
Cher , MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
1470369

who sang maneater in the 80s. Not the hall and oats classic

Customer Question

who sang maneater in the 80's. Not the hall and oats classic the version that im talking about was sung by a female vocalist
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi, and welcome to Just Answer.

I found a female artist (band) who sings 'Maneater', called The Bird and The Bee, featuring Shirley Manson. You can listen to it, here: http://www.playlist.com/searchbeta/tracks#The%20Bird%20and%20the%20Bee/all/1/1676490769

Nelly Furtado sings a song entitled 'Maneater', but it is not the Hall and Oates 80's classic.

Please let me know if this is the song you were seeking. If not, I will continue to research it for you.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback will also be greatly appreciated.

If you need any additional information please click 'Reply''. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help!

Regards,
Cher

Edited by Cher on 11/19/2010 at 7:07 AM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no this is not the one i was looking for. it was a hit in the 80's. This version was just a cover of the hall and oats song
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply.

I would appreciate some clarification so I can better help you; you are looking for a song called 'Maneater' which was ALSO done by a female singer in the 80's that is the same as the Hall and Oates song, with the same lyrics/music, etc., or is it a completely different song with the same name, "Maneater", by a female vocalist in the 80's, and was also a hit?

Thanks,
Cher

Edited by Cher on 11/22/2010 at 2:12 AM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ITS a different song by the same name, from the 80's and nothing like the Hall and oats song, it's a lot more upbeat. I can only assume the song is called maneater as it says maneater over and over again in the chorus
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply and clarification.

Even though the lyrics may include and repeat 'maneater', that may not be the title of the song. I'll research this for you with the new information you have provided, and I thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again,

After researching with the information you have provided, I cannot find any other hit from the 80's by a female vocalist that included 'maneater' in the chorus, so I will 'opt out' of your question and leave it available for other experts to answer.

Regards,
Cher