Martin, Engineer
Experience:  Fan of Cinema and Video Games

When you Google any recording artist the first thing that pops

Customer Question

When you Google any recording artist the first thing that pops up is a picture of them or their CD cover and four sample songs. Who provides that service for the artist?
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Martin replied 5 years ago.
Hello, welcome to Just Answer. Everything that show up on Google is provided by Google (it's an advertisement company at the core). It's not because they are artist that they show up there in particular but because they are more popular than let say a plumber called XXXXX XXXXX. So the link showed will be a mix of generally popular subject and subject that fit your Google searching habit. Everything is automatic and come from data mining of all Google search queries.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't think so. The unifomity of the postings and the reference underneath to makes me think this is not Google. Google wouldn't just randomly select 4 songs for sampling (these songs have to be provided in a certain format and limited time for sampling purposes). There has to be a service / site that submits this material. Try Googling 5 or 6 recording artists and you will see what I am talking about.
Expert:  Martin replied 5 years ago.
Ok, you have a "formated" result, can you upload me a screen shot of this somewhere. I don't have this as i don't look much for music in Google. As i mentioned it might only appear to you because of you search habit.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm not clear on what you are asking. Just go to and enter a recording artists name, i.e., Michael Buble', Jane Monheit, Denise Donatelli, Diana Krall, etc., etc. You will see the same format over and over ... a picture of artist or artists CD cover and 4 sample songs. I just need to find out who supplies this.
Expert:  Martin replied 5 years ago.
I know what you mean but i don't have it here, that is why i was asking you to do a screenshot. Here is what i have my screenshot (select slow download).

Edited by Martin on 11/12/2010 at 10:41 PM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Find someone familiar with the music industry, or or not someone who is guessing