Cher
Cher , MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
1470369

I am giving a wedding rehearsal dinner. I am having around

I am giving a wedding rehearsal dinner. I am having around 40 guests at the clubhouse. I will have 4 ten foot tables which I will have 10 guests at each. The other odd table is 1 six foot table which I will have the remainder guests. How should I place the tables for the seating?The focalpoint of the room is a massive fireplace. What is the best way to place the tables?

The fireplace has a couch , chairs , and coffee table surrounding it which I will not move.

The spacious of the clubhouse is no object. Lots of room!
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi Customer, and welcome back to JustAnswer!

It sounds like a gorgeous setting for the dinner!

It might be a good idea to set up the tables in a semi circle, so all the guests can see each other and also view the beautiful fireplace area. I'm assuming the tables are rectangular, but even if they're round, they can still be set up in a sort of 'arc', around the fireplace area, if this will work well, within the configuration of the room.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback. If you need additional information, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help.

Best wishes,
Cher

Edited by Cher on 9/4/2010 at 4:47 AM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I will be having 4 ten foot rectangle tables. There will be 4 guests on each side and one on each end which will be a total of 10 guests at each table. I will have a 1 six foot rectangle table that will sit the remainder of the guests.
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply.

I do think it will be nice to either have the tables arranged in a semi circle/arc or it might also be nice to have them 'staggered' so that the room looks 'complete' even though it is so spacious. By 'staggered', I mean one table slightly in front of and to the side of another (spread out appropriately, of course, with enough room for guests to move their chairs in and out with no problem and walk around, in between tables, with no problem).

Regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Please explain staggered to me. Do you mean?

One table and then another in front etc., which I will have enough room for everyone to get in and out of their seats. For example:

________________________

Lines are the tables :

Also, what about the guests sitting with their backs to each other.

________________________

________________________

_________________________

Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again,

I meant 'staggered' like this:

________________ _______________ ______________

________________ _________________

OR (in a semi-circle or 'arc')

___________
_________

_____________ ____________

______________

If you have guests sitting facing each other, on either side of the long tables, it's inevitable that some guests will be facing others' backs, that's why the semi-circle configuration might work out better.

Regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your accept.

I realized, the 'configuration' I laid out didn't 'translate' properly when I sent my answer. I think yours didn't either........Can you picture what I mean re: a semi circle or 'arc'? If you like, I can try to send an attachment (file) with it laid out better.....

Regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Please send an attachment with a lay out plan. Thank you so much for your patience. I know this is hard to explain without seeing the clubhouse. Customer.
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again, and you're most welcome!

Yes, it's difficult to describe in words without actually seeing it. : )
I will send an attachment with a lay out plan as soon as I configure it.

Regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again,

I hope this gives you a better idea of what I meant (just click 'free user' on the right, and then 'download'):
http://rapidshare.com/files/416971499/table_configurations.jpg

Regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

HI!

It would not download on my AOL service. Couldyou please explain again as best you can Again, I want to thank you for your patience and expertise! Yoy have been so helpful. Customer

Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again, and you're are most welcome! It's my pleasure to help!

I just logged in and read your reply. I have AOL, too, and I sent the link to myself, then tried to open it. It opened, but said the 'free user' option was busy at the time. Frustrating! : )

Go to this site: http://www.beautiful-beach-weddings.com/beach-wedding-trends.html

scroll about 3/4's of the way down to 'set up your ceremony in a chevron style' and see that photo. I pictured more of a 'curve' to the tables, than the way these seats are set up, but you can get the idea. I'm picturing the 'altar' in this photo as the fireplace area, in the center, front of the room. If it's like that, and you want to (and can) set up the tables with the fireplace area being the central focal point, that's best. If the fireplace is located where you can't set up the tables in an 'arc' around it, you can still do the arc and the beauty of the fireplace will still be there for all to enjoy.

I also wanted to mention that the table where the bride and groom will be seated, should be in the center of whatever configuration you will use, because they are the center of attention.

another semi-circle formation (they're not tables, but.....) : )

http://www.celebritybrideguide.com/jerry-oconnell-rebecca-romijn-wedding-photos/?pid=194

I hope this gives you a better idea of what I am thinking for the table arrangements.

Regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Cher,

Thank you so very much. This is what I needed and I will set- up at the rehearsal dinner. You have been so helpful and I cannot thank you enough. Keep up the great work! Kudos to you! Customer

Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again, Roling Stone, and you are so very welcome!

It was my pleasure to be of help and I hope the rehearsal dinner is a spectacular success!

Please feel free to request me by name in the future, by beginning your question with 'FOR CHER'.

Regards,
Cher