Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
1470369

chin lets see how good you are. 1. Pollack, Pakula, Schumacher

:chin: lets see how good you are.

1. Pollack, Pakula, Schumacher (twice), Foley, Coppola, Altman and a few others have all done what?

2. John Frankenheimer, Johnny Depp, Yves Simoneau, Frank Oz (in that order). What am I talking about?

3. Name two of the three films that have managed to win the five ‘major’ Oscars (i.e. Best Film, Director, Screenplay, Actor, Actress).

4. In which film would you find Halle Berry playing Sharon Stone?

5. Who is the odd one out: Amber Waves, James Bond, Arthur Bach and Douglas Bader?
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.

Is this for a contest? If so, is it in the US or UK or elsewhere?

Any additional clues/hints?

Thanks,
Cher
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, I've a fun internet forum quiz on tuesday 2.00pm BST, that I wish to cheat on. *giggles*

I just wanted to see how good you were and how fast you anwsered, the questions posted are questions from the last one.

Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply.

I'll research this for you and get back to you as soon as I can.

Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi again,

Here are your answers:

Answer: Directed John Grisham adaptations

Answer: The men who directed the last four films featuring Marlon Brando ( The Island of Dr Moreau, The Brave, Free Money, The S )

Answer: The THREE films are--It Happened One Night (1934), One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest (1975), The Silence of the Lambs (1991)

Answer: The Flintstones

Answer: Douglas Bader (he was a real person, all the rest are fictional characters in movies/books)

Good luck with your internet quiz!

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback; if you need additional information, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help.

Best wishes,
Cher

Edited by Cher on 4/25/2010 at 6:34 PM EST
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience: TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So will you be around on Tuesday at 2.00pm UK Time.

28 question - you will have 25 mins.

I'll pay - £30.

Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi again,

I'll most likely be online on Tues. at 2PM UK time (that would be 7PM US Eastern time), but I can't guarantee that I'll be able to answer all 28 questions in 25 minutes. Are all the questions regarding movies?

Cher
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
<p>Yes - all questions are on films.</p><p> </p><p>I basically have 28 question to answer in 30 mins, one point will be deducted for each minute over. Therefore if you can anwers as many in 20-25mins that would be great.</p><p> </p><p>Is there anyway of checking you are online, I can get the quizmaster to hold off giving me the questions until you are.</p><p> </p><p>i.e - if I pay you for the above questions now (this question). Can I reply to this to check to see if you're online before I post the new questions up???</p>
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your additional information.

I will try to be online to help you with the quiz on Tues. and will let you know by replying here---OR if you want to send a reply asking 'CHER, are you online now?' I will see it and respond.

It would be appreciated if you would click 'accept' to pay for my answer above, now, and yes, you can reply to this at any time. We will not lose contact after you click 'accept'.

Also, let's take into account any internet problems or site problems, which I pray will not be present on Tues.! : )

Just checking that you, in the UK are 5 hours LATER than me in the Eastern US, so now it is approx. 9:25PM for you?

Cher

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
<p>OK I just paid.</p><p> </p><p>Yes it's now 9.25pm</p><p> </p><p>Let me know what time on tuesday suits you. If that is to early.</p><p> </p><p>Also the quizmaster is online now <strong>if he has the question done</strong> - are you avalable today??</p>
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your accept.

Yes, if you can get the questions now, it would be better for me than Tuesday, but can we wait about 15-20 minutes? Will the quizmaster be online then?

Cher
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'll double check now with him
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
OK, great!

Also, could you please post a 'new' question with the new amount (30 pounds) when you send the questions? Start your question with 'FOR CHER'.

I'm ready now, if he can send the questions.

Thanks!

Cher
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK question at 10.30pm - i.e 15mins time
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Ok, sounds good.

Can you please open a new question with the new deposit amount of 30 pounds addressed to "FOR CHER"?

Thanks!
Cher
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'll post here and start a new question thread 'FOR CHER', I need your answers at 10.55, i.e 5mins to the hour.
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
OK.

I'm ready.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
(a) Connect 4. What's the Connection?
-------------------------------------

1) Valley Forge - Heart of Gold - Discovery One - Nostromo.

2) Rod Steiger - Jason Robards - Robert De Niro - F. Murray Abraham.

3) Burton & Eastwood amongst cable cars and mountains - Price, Karloff and Lorre in Hammer sorcery hokum - Gregory Peck as a depression era southern lawyer - Burton, Moore and Harris as ageing mercenaries.

4) Inspector Kemp in Young Frankenstein - Roy Munson in Kingpin -The murderer in The Fugitive - Han in Enter the Dragon. (2 points)

5) Harvey Keitel in Get Shorty - Steve Carell in Knocked Up - Bruce Willis in Ocean's Twelve - Sean Penn in What Just Happened.

6) Audrey Hepburn in My Fair Lady - Nathalie Wood in West Side Story - Deborah Kerr in The King and I - Margaret O'Brien in The Secret Garden. (2 points)

7) Much parodied on youtube Hitler biopic - Kevin Spacey & Haley Joel Osment in sentimental feelgood fare -Fine wine on-the-road with Paul Giamatti and his prenuptial buddy - Recent Pixar about floating house.

8) Ed Harris gets drippy - Charlton Heston lies on his back a lot - Kirk Douglas gets a red beard and cuts off a "listener" - Derek Jacobi falls in love with his burglar.
---------------------------------------------------

(b) 4 roles, 1 actor/actress per question. Name the actor/actress.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9) Henry VIII, Quint, Doyle Lonegan, Donald ‘Red' Grant.

10) Col Nathan R Jessup, Melvin Udall, Jake Gittes, Randle P McMurphy.

11) Lindy Chamberlain, Karen SilkXXXXX, XXXXX Priestly, Karen Blixen.

12) David Brice, Little Bill Dagget, Lex Luther, Popeye Doyle.

13) Catherine Tramell, Ginger McKenna, Lori Quaid, Carly Norris.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(c) Movie Quotes - name each movie. (I'll accept abbreviations for longer titles)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14) I couldn't do that. Could you do that? How can they do that? Who are those guys?

15) And now, for my next impression, Jessie Owens!

16) We gotta play with more bullets.

17) It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

18) You're not an idiot. Huh! You're not a goddamn looney now, boy. You're a fisherman!

19) All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

20) Klaatu barada nikto.
-------------------------------

(d) Cryptic Connections
---------------------------------

21) Haile Gebrselassie is one - Witching-hour rogue-workman - Untruthful William - Not near the frenzied mob.

22) Cop amongst laser-pic options - Hound 24 hours between noon & evening - It's either guilty or not guilty - Make acquaintances for business purposes.

23) Male corpse - Damaged petal plants - Depressed due to legal statute - Evening atop dirt

24) Distinct personality of an individual - Complete control or authority - A final statement of terms or threat.
-----------------------------------------

(e) Random
--------------

25) Take a 90's Kevin Costner post-apocalyptic turkey...add.....a Speilberg weepie about a ghostly pilot.....add the last word of a famous fantasy trilogy...add...the last word of Connery's fifth Bond movie.

What's the movie? (2 points)
---------

26) Take Truffaut's 60's vision of incendiary Ray Bradbury story - (subtract) Disney's dalmations - (subtract) Drew Barrymore's first dates.

= Which Movie? (2 points)
--------

27) In Stakeout the two cops are having a movie trivia contest. The character Bill asks his buddy Chris to identify the movie that the line "This was no boating accident" was from.

What‘s the joke? (2 points)
---------

28) What was unusual about both the character of Ripley in Alien, and that of Hildy Johnson in the Cary Grant screwball comedy His Girl Friday?
----------
25 Apr 2010, 10:31 PM
7 Seconds Ago
|
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I put up new question by not eoungh character please anwser all here. thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
5 mins
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

HELP

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT'S NEEDED WITH 21-24

FICTIONAL SPACESHIPS

PLAYED GANGSTERS

ALL BIRD NAMES LAST NAMES OF CHARACTERS

HAD ONLY ONE HAND.

NONE OF THESE ACTORS WERE IN THESE MOVIES

HAD VOICES DUBBED FOR SINGING--THEY DID NOT SING.

PAY IT FORWARD, SIDEWAYS, UP--ALL 'DIRECTIONS'

ALL PLAYED ARTISTS

ROBERT SHAW

JACK NICHOLSON

CHER

GENE HACKMAN

SHARON STONE

BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID

BLAZING SADDLES

16) We gotta play with more bullets.

DEER HUNTER

MONTY PYTHON--IN SEARCH OF THE HOLY GRAIL

ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

BLADERUNNER

20) Klaatu barada nikto.

THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL
-------------------------------

(d) Cryptic Connections
---------------------------------

FAR FROM THE MADDING OR MADDENING CROWD--LAST ONE?

(e) Random
--------------

What's the movie? (2 points)

THE POSTMAN RINGS TWICE
---------

= Which Movie? (2 points)

300
--------

What‘s the joke? (2 points)

FROM JAWS--RICHARD DREYFUSS WAS ALSO IN

---------

THEY DID JOBS USUALLY FOR MEN
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
#25--correction: THE POSTMAN ALWAYS RINGS TWICE

#11 MERYL STREEP NOT CHER

Edited by Cher on 4/25/2010 at 10:32 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I came second in the quiz - two many points deduced for late anwsers. I got most of them myself, but you got a few I missed.

Quizs are normaly once a month/two months. I'll pay this time, but if we do this again, then I'll not pay when the answers are late.

Is that fair??.

I play with a group of friends on the internet, we have a £50 prize for the winner each month, £30 for second and £10 for third.

We can go 50/50 on the prize money, each month. Interested?

Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply.

I'm still working on some of the ones I couldn't get! lol The 'cryptic' ones.......I don't see how anyone could complete that quiz in 30 minutes or less. I'm so glad you came in second! I think that's a great accomplishment! : )

Do you get to see all the correct answers? If so, would you mind sharing them with me? I need to know them for myself! : )

When is the next quiz?

Cher
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

he has not posted the corrected anwsers yet, these are the answers I gave

1. spaceships

2. gangsters

3. Birds

4. missing an arm

5. actors played themselves in the movies

6. Directions

7. Voice dubbed by Marni Dixion

8. - 20. same as you -

21. John Scheslinger

22. Sydney Lumet

23. Jim Jarmusch

25. - 27. same as you.

I missed a couple. that you had.

The next quiz, is when we are all on - about 10 people play (once a month) normal have a few days notice.

We are all film nutters, so one or two points separate us.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
anyway - it's nearly 4am - laters Cool
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

next time I'll do half the questions - you do half the questions.

when I get all the answers for theis one I'll post them.

Easy.

Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi again,

Yes, you were up late! : )

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX that's a good idea for the future: splitting the questions. I'll say again, I really don't think anyone can answer all those correctly, in 30 minutes! DID your friend who won first place, get all the right answers within 30 minutes? I also thought the instructions could have been more detailed. I also thought the questions would be more like the first few you sent me, earlier.

Thanks for posting all the answers when you get them! : )

Regards,
Cher

Edited by Cher on 4/26/2010 at 3:18 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

1) Valley Forge , Nostromo, Heart of Gold, Discovery One.

All spaceships in Sci-fi movies (Silent Running, Alien, HH guide to the galaxy, 2001)

2) Rod Steiger, Jason Robards, Robert De Niro, F. Murray Abraham.

All played real-life gangster Al Capone (Al Capone, St Valentine's Day Massacre, The Untouchables, Dillinger & Capone)

3) Burton & Eastwood derring-do amongst cable cars and mountains - Price, Karloff and Lorre in Hammer sorcery hokum - Gregory Peck plays a depression era southern lawyer - Burton, Moore and Harris as ageing mercenaries.

Birds in title (Where Eagles Dare, The Raven, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Wild Geese)

4) Inspector Kemp in Young Frankenstein - Roy Munson in Kingpin -The murderer in The Fugitive - Han in Enter the Dragon.

(All missing a hand or arm)

Had cameos as themselves.

6) Audrey Hepburn in My Fair Lady - Nathalie Wood in West Side Story - Deborah Kerr in The King and I - Margaret O'Brien in The Secret Garden.

Had their singing voices dubbed by professional singer Marni Nixon.

7) Much parodied on youtube Hitler biopic - Kevin Spacey & Haley Joel Osment in sentimental feelgood fare -Fine wine on-the-road with Paul Giamatti and his prenuptial buddy - Recent Pixar about floating house

Directions in title (Downfall, Pay it Forward, Sideways, Up)

8) Ed Harris gets drippy -- - Charlton Heston lies on his back a lot - Kirk Douglas gets a red beard and cuts off a "listener" -Derek Jacobi falls in love with his burglar

Movies about painters (Pollock, The Agony & the Ecstasy - Michelangelo, Lust for Life - Van Goch, Love is the Devil - Francis Bacon)

Robert Shaw (Man for All Seasons, Jaws, The Sting, From Russia with Love)

Jack Nicholson (A Few Good Men, As Good as it Gets, Chinatown, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest)

Meryl Streep (A cry in the Dark, Silkwood, Devil Wears Prada, Out of Africa)

Gene Hackman (No Way Out, Unforgiven, Superman, French Connection)

13)) Catherine Tramell, Ginger McKenna, Lori Quaid, Carly Norris.

Sharon Stone (Basic Instinct, Casino, Total Recall, Sliver)

Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid

Blazing Saddles

16) We gotta play with more bullets.

The Deer Hunter

Monty Python & the Holy Grail

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

19) All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Blade Runner

20) Klaatu barada nikto.

The Day the Earth Stood Still
-------------------------------

(d) Cryptic Connections
---------------------------------

21) Haile Gebrselassie is one - Witching-hour rogue workman - Untruthful William - Not near the frenzied mob.

John Schlesinger Movies (Marathon Man, Midnight Cowboy, Billy Liar, Far From the Madding Crowd)

Sidney Lumet movies (Serpico, Dog Day Afternoon, The Verdict, Network)

23) Male corpse - Damaged petal plants - Depressed by legal statute - Evening on Dirt

Jim Jarmusch Movies (Dead Man, Broken Flowers, Down by Law, Night on Earth)

24) Distinct personality of an individual (2002) - Complete control or authority (2004) - A final statement of terms or threat (2007).

Identity - Supremacy - Ultimatum

The Bourne Trilogy

(e) Random
--------------

25) Take a 90's Kevin Costner post-apocalyptic turkey...add.....a Speilberg weepie about a ghostly pilot.....add the last word of a fantasy trilogy...add...the last word of Connery's fifth Bond movie.

What's the movie?

The Postman + Always + (lord of the) Rings + (you only live) Twice
---------

Fahrenheit 451 - 101 - 50 = 300.

= Which Movie?
--------

What‘s the joke?

Bill (Emilio Estevez) asks Chris (Richard Dreyfuss) where the line is from - Dreyfuss said the line himself in Jaws.
---------

Both parts were originally written for men.

Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for all the answers.

All in all, I don't think we did too badly....... : )

So, when you're on the clock, you don't have to give full sentence answers and/or include movie titles, like, for example with the directors, and the movies you had to figure out from the 'Cryptic Connections'.

So, is the winner the person who finishes first, OR the person who finishes first with ALL the right answers?

Cher
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Short Answsers, so for example 'Bourne' would be correct for question 24

The winner is the person with the most correct answer within the time scale, one point is deducted for each minute over. I went over by four minutes so had four points deduced.

I didn't know Q24 and Q28 and also didn't actually put Marni Dixion as the anwser for Q7 (just put dubbed, so one point). Also for Q27 just put Jaws, not Jaws and Richard D so just one point there as well.

I also missed a couple you had, so when I put same as you in my answers above, that didn't include all the correct anwsers.

I/We scored 22, the winner had 25.

Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Ok, thanks for the clarification.

I think 22 is nothing to be ashamed of.......and you came in second! : )

The Webmaster who makes up the quiz is VERY good!

Cher