Cher
Cher , MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
1470369

how do you cancel the adult channel red hot on sky tv

Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question.

Call Sky TV Customer Service on: 08442 414 141 in the UK, or 0818 719 819 in Ireland, and ask them to remove this adult channel from your lineup.

If you are not paying an extra fee for this channel, but it is included in your package, ask how you can 'block' the channel if you no longer wish to receive it. You can accomplish this with parental controls, or with these instructions:

It is possible for you to remove adult listings from the Sky+HD Guide, just follow these steps:

1. Press services on your remote control.
2. Press the left arrow once to highlight Parental.
3. Then press the down arrow, and enter your PIN.
4. Next press the right arrow once to highlight Adult Channels.
5. Press the down arrow once to highlight Remove Adult Channels.
6. Then press the left/right arrow to turn this setting on or off.

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback; if you need additional information, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

sorry for the delay in getting back to you. a subscription has been paid to the red hot channel for the past 2 years and i now want to cancel the subsciption, but i believe it can be difficult especially to cancel the payments. i need to do this quickly. also i want to completely delete the channels, not just use parental control. can you help

Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hello again, and thanks for your reply with additional information.

Have you paid in advance for this channel, so when you cancel, you will need some payments to be refunded? This is my understanding from what you have said.

Did you pay the red hot channel directly, or through your Sky TV bill? If you paid through your Sky TV bill, there should be a phone number on the bill to call for enquiries/adjustments/changes to your service and to the bill. This would be your best course of action, to ask them to delete the channels from your lineup and refund any payments for months you no longer will receive the channel after it's deleted.

Actually being a Sky TV subscriber, you will have the best chance of making this change by contacting the company. From the research I've done, I was able to find the contact information posted in my previous answer, so if you haven't yet called the appropriate number, try that now, or call the number on your bill, to tell them what you want to do, regarding the red hot channel.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi again,

Thanks for all the additional info, the subscription is taken out of a credit card monthly, but the number phoned originally was red hot itself, i didn't think this channel was run by sky. would sky be able to cancel the channel for me. t

Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hi again, and you're most welcome.

Your original question asked: "how do you cancel the adult channel red hot on sky tv", so I assumed you got the channel through Sky TV, if Sky is your cable tv provider. If the number phoned originally, was red hot itself, phone that number back and tell them you want to cancel. If the subscription is taken out of your credit card, monthly, you have two options: call red hot, tell them to cancel the subscription and stop charging your card, plus, ask for a 'confirmation number' of your requested change; and/or call your credit card company and inform them that you advised red hot to no longer take any payments our for this service and you do not want any future payment requests from this company to be honored. You can place 'in dispute', any payments they take out AFTER your request to cancel the channel, with the credit card company, and you should not be obligated to pay the charges.

Only if you pay for this channel on your Sky TV bill, will Sky be able to cancel it for you. If red hot is a company unto itself, and you are paying them completely separately from your Sky TV bill, with the credit card you mentioned, then you need to cancel the channel throught red hot, and also inform your credit card, as I mentioned.

Edited by Cher on 5/1/2010 at 7:32 PM EST