Tyler
Tyler, Professional Musician
Experience:  B.M, M.M. Skilled in music theory, history and ear training.
21042015

I got an KS-32 keyboard at an auction and it has no paper work

I got an KS-32 keyboard at an auction and it has no paper work with it.Where can I get some?Also when I plug it in I get nothing.My Email [email protected]
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Tyler replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your question!

I have some good and bad news. Bad news first--Ensoniq no longer exists, as it was acquired by E-Mu, and has gone through a few changes since 1998. The Ensoniq name has, for the most part, not existed since 1998, although it is being relaunched in 2011. Basically what this means is things like manuals and technical support will be harder to come by.

The good news. I found a website that sells various manuals, including the one for the KS-32. Syntaur Productions is the exclusive distributor of these manuals at this time. Here is the link for it, should you wish to purchase it:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=GUshuJ3SvMU2Y7AM_xa2nvektYLomixiQ2IyTxv3cKaVe5sDmd4mX0eCXlK&dispatch=50a222a57771920b6a3d7b606239e4d529b525e0b7e69bf0224adecfb0124e9b5efedb82468478c6e115945fd0658595b0be0417afd2208f

As for the keyboard not working when you plug it in, that could of course be any number of things. You have two options in this respect: Purchase the manual above and trouble-shoot your keyboard after it arrives. Or you could take it to a local music shop that does repairs and have a technician take a look at it. This was a popular model when it came out in 1994, so it should be familiar to any tech who's been around.

Another option would be to contact E-Mu, however they make no mention of their ownership of Ensoniq, or support for any of that company's products. Here's the link for their support page.

http://www.emu.com/support/custsup.asp

Please let me know if I can help any further by pressing REPLY. If my answer was helpful please press ACCEPT. Thanks again and best wishes!