Cher
Cher , MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
1470369

In the movie alcatraz express what is the actors name that

In the movie "alcatraz express" what is the actor's name that asks al capone how to spell his name?
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Martin replied 6 years ago.
HelloCustomer, welcome to Just Answer.

I don't own that one, and neither the 2 The Untouchables episode of the series that were used to make that TV movie. Can you take a picture of the actor with a digital camera and post it here, perhaps i would recognize him. I guess he is a prison official in the movie?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, he is a prison official. This actor plays bit roles in many movies (he is not a big superstar but can be seen in many old movies). I'll try to dug up more info on him and have someone take a pic like you suggest. Thanks.
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

I've researched this question for you, and the actor you're looking to identify is Charles Lane. Yes, he was a 'character actor' who appeared in many movies and TV shows, such as I Love Lucy, The Lucy Show, The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour (by the way, The Untouchables was a Desilu Production), The Andy Griffith show, Bachelor Father, and many more. You can see his picture and many of the roles he played, here:
http://www.tvrage.com/person/id-19017/Charles+Lane+%281%29

If you scroll down the page about 3/4's of the way, at the site above, you will see that he played the 'Clerk at Alcatraz', in Part 2 of 'The Big Train' (another name for 'Alcatraz Express') on January 12, 1961.

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback; if you need additional information, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help.

Best wishes,
Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience: TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst