Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
1470369

I need desperately the name and artist of an old country western

Customer Question

I need desperately the name and artist of an old country western song. This was a female artist. the lyrics are. "You used to laugh and call me your first lady, and I"D just smile and call you president. and for the first few years of our marrage that is exactly how things went, but lately you've been holdhing cabnit meetings with a group of friends down at the capital bar, till you've let our little whitehouse go to pieces and if this don't I'll have to go to war. Because your first lady is tired of running last and fighting for a bill of rights that never will be passed. so sweet heart if you intend to stay in office, you had better start to pratice what you preach, and make good just a few of your promises, or your first lady will have her president impeached."
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hello,Customer and thanks for requesting me.

I will try my best to find the name of the song with these lyrics, and the artist, but a few more details will help.

Do you remember about when you first heard this song--at least the decade?

You mentioned it was a female artist; were there any back-up singers, also, or just the one female voice?

Do you remember if it was a well-known female country western singer and also, was the song well known at the time and played often on the radio, etc.?

Thanks very much for all your additional detail.

Cher
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Cher,

I beleave it was the late 60's or early 70's.

I do not remember any back up singers. I thought for a long time it was Liz Anderson but could not locate it in her diskorgraphy.

I don't think it was well known. .

Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your additional information.

Please give me a little time to research this for you, with the information you just provided.

Thanks for your patience.

Cher
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Cher

I changed the time you are allowed. You have been the only one to respond to me and i appreciate your help more than you know. I will stand by.

Thanks

Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi again, Ron.

Thanks for extending the time. I'm researching for you now, and hopefully I'll be able to find the info.

Regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Cher

Thanks for the update. I'll stick with you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Cher,

Are you still actively seeking the answer to my question.

Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi Ron,

Yes, I am. It might take a while......

Cher
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Cher

Very good, Please advise if you choose to stop or hit a roadblock.

Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi again, Ron.

I've tried many sites and other avenues where I normally check for lyrics, and it seems this song may just be too obscure to find anything about it.

If I come across any further information, I'll be sure to let you know. For now, I'm going to 'opt out' of your question so that other experts may be able to help.

I wish you much good luck!

Regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Cher,

A Quick History.

My wife and I have been married 37 years. I was very lucky and married way over my head. I'm just an old very country boy, and she has always made me feel special. She was diaginosed with MS, 15 years ago. Nuff said. In 1970, I was an airman and had heard this song somewhere. I think I had it on a reel to reel tape. I used to sing this to her at crazy times. Many years ago the tape was lost and about 3 years ago i began a search for this song on and off. The MS is taking its toll, I need help very badly. If you or anyone you know can help, you can't possibly know what it would mean.

As Ever

Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi again, Ron.

I'm so sorry to hear of your wife's illness and understand the importance of finding this song and what it means to you both. I will continue searching, and also leave your question open for others who may have this information.

Regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Cher,

Thanks more than you know.

Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
My pleasure, Ron!

Cher
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Your most grasious Cher. Thanks once again

Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
No problem, Ron!

Cher
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Talk to you tommorow.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

High again Cher,

is today a day off, or will you be working on it today.

Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi again, Ron.

Sorry, I wasn't online when you posted. I'll be on and off today. I've found this listing of country-western 'oldies', and if you click on each female artist, you might find the song:

http://oldies.about.com/od/countryandwestern/Country_and_Western_Oldies.htm

Also, try this one: http://www.angelfire.com/music2/wunderofyou/ (scroll down about halfway)

After plugging the lyrics you have provided, into many lyrics search engines, none have come up with a song containing all of the exact lyrics. I'm sorry I couldn't find the song for you, but it just may be too obscure to be listed online.

If I come across this song in any future searches, I'll be sure to let you know.

I wish you and your wife all the best!

Regards,
Cher

Edited by Cher on 2/6/2010 at 8:40 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear Cher

Thanks for your help, if you find anyone that can help please forward.

Thanks

Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
You're most welcome, Ron.

Will do!

Regards,
Cher