Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
1470369

My father is a member of the 50s group The Four Coins. They

Customer Question

My father is a member of the 50's group 'The Four Coins'. They are presently doing shows in theaters but I think that a show with Vegas style dancing girls with feathered costumes, arranging thier songs in a story-like order, possibly having Sinatra, Sammy XXXXX, XXXXX XXXXX impersonaters, (which they have already done), as part of a stage show named 'Shangri La' - thier million selling song. WHERE COULD I FIND SOMEONE INTERESTED IN HELPING WITH THE ARRANGING OF THE SHOW, DESIGNING OF A SET AND PROMOTING OF THE ENTIRE ENDEAVOR?
Submitted: 4 years ago via Answerly.
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Hugh replied 4 years ago.
Hello. In relation to your father's shows - is he booked by an agent? If so, who is it?

Thanks.
Hugh

Edited by Hugh on 10/31/2009 at 4:02 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hugh,

Sorry that it has taken me so long to respond to your question. The Four Coins have had a guy named Donnie Kessler from the beginning, I believe. However, I asked my father if there was a contract between the group and him. He told me that the only obligation to Kessler and the group is only if he books a show somewhere for them. In other words, they are not solely bound to him. My father is already booking shows in Greek Churches, since they have a Greek album published. My suggestion is that they make more of a stage show out of the act. I would be happy to discuss that with you and hear your ideas. The talent is still there, after all these years, surprisingly. After all, they are all in thier 70's. My Dad told me that of all the groups on the PBS specials that they have done, they are the only original members still alive! I feel...there is opportunity here to embellish on the act and create a stage show that is more exciting and entertaining. hoping to hear from you soon.

George Gregorakis

Expert:  Hugh replied 4 years ago.
Hi George. I was wondering where you went to! You may have something here, especially since they were well known at one time. Nostalgia does sell. I will say however, that I don't have a a lot of experience when it comes to Vegas type shows - but I've been in both the manager and agent role, so I do understand it.

Is their goal to maximize their touring and make more money? It would seem to me that if they put together a Vegas type "revue" show like you speak of, they may be able to attract an active agent because of their name. Having an all original group still in tact is rare and may be a selling point, but typically, it's most important to have the original lead singer still in the band.

Let me know some of your specific thoughts. Thanks.
Hugh

Edited by Hugh on 11/20/2009 at 4:49 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hugh,

I mailed you a few months ago concerning my father's singing group -

'The Four Coins' - and never got back to you. I was with the guys a few days ago and brought up the subject that I had contacted you online. They stated to me that I should contact you again. They have a manager but there is nothing in a contract that forbids them to engage another booking agent. They have two engagements in the near future, but are interested in seeing if you might be able to book them in others. Their standard booking percentage is 10% of the engagement. Please get back to me at your leisure.

George Gregorakis