Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
1470369

I am looking for the title of an old scary movie which had

I am looking for the title of an old scary movie which had a diving suit in a darkened corner which inflated on its own. My husband saw it when he was a child and it scared him silly. I would like to find the movie. Please help. Thank you.
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for your question.

Can your husband recall any of the actors in the movie, the approximate year when it was released, and was it a U.S. production, U.K., or another country? Was the movie in black and white or color?

When you say a diving suit, you mean a 'SCUBA' diving suit? Was it suppposed to be possessed or something?

Also, any other details he can remember will be helpful.

Thanks,
Cher
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
He saw the movie on television when he was a child. He is 61. The movie was in Black & White. I am thinking that the movie was made in the 1950's.
It was a scuba suit/black rubber. The scuba suit was lying in a corner of a darken room and it began to inflate, rise up, and attack people. It would be possessed. He does not remember any names of actors. I believe it would be a US movie.
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your additional details.

Please allow me some time to research this movie for you, with the new information you have provided.

Thanks,
Cher
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you that would be great.
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hi again,

I've been researching this for you, and it's difficult to find any horror movies from the 1950's involving possessed wetsuits. I've checked out some titles that could be possible, but the plot doesn't involve what you describe. Here is a listing of many horror movies from the 1950's, which you might want to go through, to see if any match your husband's description: http://www.filmsandtv.com/genre.php?gs=1950Horror I've already looked at several, but the plots don't reflect what you describe.

There were not many made for tv movies then, as there are now, of course, so I don't think this was the case; however, it's possible that since your husband saw it on tv, it may have been a dramatic presentation of a specific program's series, or a 'special', and not a movie made for/shown in theaters. You can also check out the older movies listed here: http://www.imdb.com/chart/horror

I'm sorry I couldn't find this particular movie for you, but without additional details, it's virtually impossible, unless your husband may see a title that sounds familiar, on the lists I've included.

Cher
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Dear Cher,
Thank you for your efforts. I think that I have found it. "Phantom From Space". It was the old fashion diving helmut that made him think wet suit. It was black and white movie shown in the theatre about 1953/1954. He remember the suit deflating/then filling up again and the helmet floating around. The space creature was invisible. If they are any others you can think of like this, please send title, but if not thank you for your efforts.
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hi again, and you're most welcome.

Thanks very much for your reply; I was offline when it was received.

I'm glad you think you found the movie. I read many plot summaries which included 'monsters' or 'aliens' with diving or 'space' helmets, but you only mentioned the wetsuit, so I didn't think that could be it.

I researched for quite a while yesterday, and this does sound like the closest one to your husband's description.

If you'd like to be sure, you and your husband can watch the movie online, here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2482536613503089996#

Cher

Edited by Cher on 10/30/2009 at 7:52 PM EST
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience: TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks Cher.
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
You're most welcome! Thanks very much for your accept and your reply.

Cher