Hugh
Hugh, Composer, Producer and Performer
Experience:  20 years experience in performing, studio sessions, producing, composing, entertainment management.
22399724

in 2005-2006 the Cleveland Cavaliers used a special tag inside

Customer Question

in 2005-2006 the Cleveland Cavaliers used a special tag inside Lebron James game used jerseys to better track them. Can you tell me what this tag was?
Submitted: 6 years ago via Answerly.
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Hugh replied 6 years ago.
Yes-I've seen those tags on Lebron before. I do know that 2005-2006 was not the only season he had them. From what I always understood, It was used to prevent fraud in regard to people trying to sell fakes on the Internet. Authentication reasons.

I will say that I've never had that fully verified, but authentication tags aren't uncommon.

I do have some links pertaining to the subject:

-Hugh

Edited by Hugh on 10/24/2009 at 5:51 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Those links pertain to 2006 and beyond. My question was for the 2005 season. I have heard they used a different tag for the 2005 season. I am looking to find out what it was. Thanks.
Expert:  Hugh replied 6 years ago.
Yes, I understand. But...it is the same principle. That is why I mentioned that they didn't just do this for the 2005 season. But I understand if it was a different tag. You are wanting more specifics pertaining to that (I'm guessing the look, style etc). Can't help you there.

Thanks for your question.
-Hugh

Edited by Hugh on 10/24/2009 at 5:51 PM EST