Hugh, Composer, Producer and Performer
Experience:  20 years experience in performing, studio sessions, producing, composing, entertainment management.

Does anyone know the--I guess Id call it an old childrenss

Customer Question

Does anyone know the--I guess I'd call it an old childrens's ditty/song--"The Ten O'clock Lesson Had Just Begun?" I like the words, the tune, and the history.
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Hugh replied 7 years ago.
Is this the actual title of the song? And, to clarify, are you wanting to know where to find the tune? Additionally, you are wanting the lyrics and the history behind the song? Just want to make sure we are on the same page here.

Edited by Hugh on 10/18/2009 at 10:39 AM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't know if that's the name. I haven't used this site often and perhaps this isn't something anyone can find through research--at least for what I can invest--but let me give more info. The reason I said "children's ditty/song" is that it's likely it doesn't even have a name but is more a folklore "ditty"--I don't know if there's a better way to describe it--that perhaps was known to some people knew in the 20's, 30's, 40's, or 50's. It's humorous and my Dad used to sing it to me and my siblings when we were young. (The 50's) The whole first line is "Well the 10 oclock lesson had just begun when Johnny threw a spitball just for fun." I've compiled songs that my dad sang--all the rest were on Itunes and just thought I give this a shot. His other songs were like Bicycle built for two, When it's darkness of the delta, The girl of my dreams--barbershop quartet tunes and others from that era.
Expert:  Hugh replied 7 years ago.
Going to opt out on this one. Sorry!