Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
1470369

Do you know where to find the half-rimmed sunglasses Clive

Customer Question

Do you know where to find the half-rimmed sunglasses Clive Owen wears in the movie, "The International"? (They are not Wayfarers/Clubmasters)
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.

Were the glasses rimmed on the top or the bottom? What color were the rims, gold or silver, or another color?

What colored tint were the lenses, greenish, brownish, blackish, other?

Thanks for all your additional detail.

Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hi again,

I've found these regular half-rimmed eyeglasses that Clive Owen wore in 'The International'; perhaps he attached clip-on sunglasses to them.

http://www.uncrate.com/men/style/accessories/oliver-peoples-advocate-eyeglasses/

If these are not the ones, please let me know and I will continue to research.

Cher
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
graphicgraphic

as you can see they are top. front is slim, probably tortoise. the sides are rounded to the ears.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Those are not the sunglasses he wore. They are the regular glasses he wore earlier in the film, and i found that post on a different forum. As you can see there are no clip-ons on these sunglasses, and the frames are totally different from the glasses.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I can't accept that answer, I viewed that post several months ago and the glasses are totally different from the pictures I posted.
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hello again,

You are not obligated to accept any answer you did not find helpful. I had come across these glasses and it stated he had worn them in the moving, so I thought perhaps he added clip ons. After seeing the picture you included (thank you!), I realize this is not the case. Please give me some time to do additional research and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Cher
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ah ok thanks.
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hello again, David.

I've found the glasses for you. They are horn-rimmed, dark mahogany "Taylor" frames by Oliver Peoples and they retail for $194 at eyewearus.com

I hope this helped.

Cher

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't see the glasses that you described on that site.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
graphic
these glasses are the ones that you sent me. they are not sunglasses, and have a much thicker front frame. the lens also seem to be a lot smaller than the ones that clive owen was wearing. also in between the front frame/side there seems to be a silver/gold ring on the sides of the one clive owen is wearing.
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hi again,

I'm so sorry, I misread on the website I found them on and thought it said 'sunglasses' when it said 'eyeglasses'. Those Oliver Peoples are the regular eyeglasses he wore in other scenes.

I'm going to 'opt out' and leave your question for other experts, as I've researched extensively and the information does not seem to be out there. If another expert finds an answer for you, you will receive an email notification.

I wish you much good luck!

Cher