Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
1470369

Hi, there is a song i am trying to look up, but i dont know

Customer Question

Hi, there is a song i am trying to look up, but i dont know who sings it or what it is called, it is a disco anthem from the 70's or 80's, and has the words Thee Adore or Theodore, not usre which. Anyone know what it is?

Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for your question.

Do you remember if this song was sung by a male, female, or group?

Can you remember any more words or a full line from the song?

Was it popular, on the charts, and played in discos?

Thanks for all your additional detail.

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again,

I forgot to ask one important question: Was this song by an American artist/group, one from the U.K., or elsewhere?

Thanks,
Cher
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i am 100% it is sung by a male group, cant remember any other words to the song though, but i think it is quite regularly played at discos or parties. Unsure of its popularity though, but i think it may have been a UK group, possibly a one hit wonder if i cant remember their name. That is about as helpful as i can be im afraid.
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your additional information.

Please allow me some time to research this for you and I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks,
Cher
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK Thanks.
Expert:  Hugh replied 5 years ago.
Could it be "I Adore Mi Amor" by Color Me Badd? Came out in 1991. Check it out on You Tube and see if that is it.
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your patience.

Prince did a song in the 80's entitled 'Adore', and this may be the one you're thinking of.

Please let me know.

Cher
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is neither of the songs just suggested, they are too slow. remember this is a disco song, which you may have heard at any parties etc you may have been to.
Expert:  Hugh replied 5 years ago.
Is the word "Adore" part of the chorus, or is it just part of the lyric? This is tough one, because disco technically took place in the mid-70's and was short lived. It was dead by the time 1980 came around.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It sounds more like a 70's song than an 80's song in my opinion. It wasnt just the word Adore though, it sounds like "Theodore", and is repeated frequently throughout the song.
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again, rjh.

I am the first expert who answered you, and it's not clear how the other expert became involved, however, there just isn't enough information re: the title or lyrics of the song to find it at this time, so although I will continue to research this for you, I'm going to 'opt out' at this time leaving your question open for other experts who may have an answer.

I'll let you know if I find the song you're seeking and I wish you much good luck!

Cher
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok, thanks for trying anyway.
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
You're most welcome!

Cher
Expert:  Hugh replied 5 years ago.
Apologies. No intent to step on anyone's toes! Just trying to help.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what you aplogising for?
Expert:  Hugh replied 5 years ago.
In regard to the other expert helping you. Was trying to help, but wasn't thinking that I may have been overstepping in regard to the other expert already engaged in the question.

Do you know if "Adore" was in the chorus (or what sounded like "Adore")? Did the song sound like it was from the 70's? Just wondering. As you see in my last post, disco was short lived. I say this, because you mention that it could have been a song from the 80's as well.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes i think it was from the 70's. Definetly a disco song!

What i can remember from the song is that it goes like;
"thee-a thee-a thee-a thee-adore thee-adore thee-adore", and after that i remember it going something like
"ba ba ba ba bump ba ba bump ba ba"

that is what i can remember. but thats all.
Expert:  Hugh replied 5 years ago.
I'm usually pretty good at this stuff...but this one has me stumped! Sorry I couldn't help. I'm going to opt out of this one.

Thanks!
Hugh
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok, no problem.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If anyone else could help with this, the song also has the words here we go here we go here we go, and i think the last lyric is 'let the music play'. Remember: Disco hit.
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi again, rjh.

I'll try to research this again, with the new information you have provided, and will let you know what I find.

Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.

Could it be 'Let the Music Play' by Barry White (1976):

http://old.yoursonglyrics.com/let-the-music-play-barry-white-feat-funkstar/

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback; if you have additional questions, need more information and/or clarification, please click 'Reply'. Thanks.

Cher
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, it is a faster song. have a look at all the lyrics i have provided and see if it can jog your memory
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply.

I'm afraid I've exhausted all my sources in searching for this song. I did find one song with 'here we go, here we go, here we go', but it was a rap song. It's possible it was re-made from a disco version, but I can't find the disco version, so I will need to opt out and perhaps other experts will be able to find this song for you.

I wish you much good luck!

Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Turns out i know nothing about music at all!

Ive discovered the lyrics are not what i put; god knows what i think im hearing at these staff parties i go to.

The song is Black Lace - I Am The Music Man!

How much more wrong could the lyrics i wrote down for it be...?
How embarrassing! Thanks for trying to help to all anyway!
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again rjh, and you're most welcome!

Thanks for letting me know that you found out which song you've been listening to, but didn't remember the lyrics correctly! This was bugging me, too, so I'm glad you were able to identify the song! Smile

Happy Holidays!
Cher