Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
1470369

Whats the rock song that kind of goes i have been listenin

Customer Question

Whats the rock song that kind of goes : "i have been listening to people for too long now" "i am gonna speak my mind even if it hurts / i am gonna say it all even if it hurts"
"I am gonna be myself"

Its a MALE lead singer
Its Rock / Alternative
Its quite popular coz I heard it in a TJ MAXX store music system recently.
Its NOT "Let ME BE Myself" By 3 Doors Down
Its NOT a DUET.
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.

Is this a recent song (currently on the charts) or an 'oldie', or from a few years ago?

It has a male LEAD singer, but are there back up singers as well, or just the single male voice, throughout the song?

What kind of tempo is it? Fast, like you could dance to it, or slower, like a ballad?

You said 'rock/alternative', but does it sound a little 'country-ish', too?

Thanks,
Cher
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well

I'd be quite surprised if this song were an oldie as in older than two-three years at the most.

No backup singers. I recall a predominantly single male voice.
And it is NOT a FIERCELY MASCULINE voice.

Less Chad Kroeger More James Blunt kind of voice !

The meaning of the song is somewhere between Carolina Liar's "Show Me What I'm Looking For" and 3 doors down's "Let me be myself"

I remember the meaning of the lyric was on these lines:

[ I have been saying / doing things to please people / strangers / others for song long now / for a long time now.

I am gonna stop doing that . I am gonna say what I feel like / what I have to say. Even if it hurts others.

I will be myself. ]

The singer didnt sound like a Brad Paisley or a Kenny Chesney and there were none of the 'twangy' guitar sounds that one finds in country music.

It wasnt a ballad and did definitely have a decent tempo if not foot-taping one.

I have googled this endlessly with the following terms and came up with nothing:

"wanna be myself"
"say it all"
"listening to people"
"listening to others"
"others telling me"
"for so long now"
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply with additional information.

I'll research this, based upon your new descriptions, and let you know what I find.

Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi again,

Well, I've done some extensive research and was not able to find the song you've described, so I will 'opt out' and leave your question open for other experts to try to answer.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help.

Cher
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sure.

But one question.

Is this question publicly viewable by other experts for them to venture to answer?
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi again,

Yes, when I opted out, the question was automatically placed back on the 'open question list', enabling other experts to view it, and also, once the other experts see 'opted out' listed on the question, they will view it to see if they can answer it correctly.

Cher
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no one can get this one?