Hugh, Composer, Producer and Performer
Experience:  20 years experience in performing, studio sessions, producing, composing, entertainment management.

I am trying to identify a song from around 1960-61 part of

Customer Question

I am trying to identify a song from around 1960-61 part of the lyrics as follows:-

Too late to worry
too late to change my mind
too late to turn back
my fate is sealed and signed

Hope you can help - this has bugged me for the past 40 years!!

Doug Barrett
Category: Entertainment
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Sorry. Thanks for trying but neither of these is the correct song. The lyrics are as I have written them (four lines from the song). Your suggestions do not contain these lines. The song I have in mind was in the UK charts - probably not very high - around 1960-61, possibly 1962. I have tried various lyric websites without success so it will probably be a case of knowing this song personally - or not as the case may be. Do you have any other suggestions?

Regards. Doug

Expert:  Jazz replied 7 years ago.
I can spend some more time looking, if you'd like. Now that I know you gave me the exact lyrics, it should make it easier to search.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Jazz

Thanks for that. I would appreciate you looking further or checking with other experts. I also have the tune in my head as clear as day but unfortunately no way to relay that to you. I listen to many 'Gold' stations in the UK but have never heard it played since the time it was in the charts. I am thinking the title may be amongst the lyrics I have written so a check through the charts of those years may find it. Possibly it did not get above no. 40 -50 in the charts. I seem to recall it being a solo male singer - possibly from European mainland but that's a very dim recollection and a bit of a long shot.

Regards. Doug

Expert:  Jazz replied 7 years ago.
OK, sorry, but I'm giving up. I'll opt out of this question and see if another Expert can help you. Best of luck to you, and thanks for the opportunity to try.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok, thanks Jazz
Expert:  Jazz replied 7 years ago.
You're welcome, and sorry.
Expert:  Hugh replied 7 years ago.
May want to check out:

If the song was hit in the UK only, the copyright was probably registered in the UK. Don't know if they may be able to assist you with the lyrics only. May be difficult from that far back, but it might help.

Just some additional help. I've researched this for the last few days and haven't come up with anything. Even called people I know in the music industry and they didn't know.