How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hugh Your Own Question
Hugh, Composer, Producer and Performer
Category: Entertainment
Satisfied Customers: 59
Experience:  20 years experience in performing, studio sessions, producing, composing, entertainment management.
Type Your Entertainment Question Here...
Hugh is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to find out how I can get some information on a

Resolved Question:

I am trying to find out how I can get some information on a Company that registered a song back in 1959. The Company was Five Star Music Masters the song was Memories of my Childhood, by Ruby Griffey. I would like to get the words for the song for my stepdad, Ruby Griffey was his mother.

Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Hugh replied 7 years ago.
Yes, you are right, The company is defunct. The only thing I can recommend is searching the Copyright Office. Unfortunately, only records from January 1, 1978 through today are available through online search. But you can initiate a search by filling out the following online form:

Downside to this, is that it is expensive for a search ($165, I believe) and there is no guarantee that something will come up. However, If the song was registered, it will be there, and that will solve your problem. Wish there was another way.

Hugh and other Entertainment Specialists are ready to help you