Hugh, Composer, Producer and Performer
Experience:  20 years experience in performing, studio sessions, producing, composing, entertainment management.

I am trying to find out how I can get some information on a

I am trying to find out how I can get some information on a Company that registered a song back in 1959. The Company was Five Star Music Masters the song was Memories of my Childhood, by Ruby Griffey. I would like to get the words for the song for my stepdad, Ruby Griffey was his mother.

Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Hugh replied 7 years ago.
Yes, you are right, The company is defunct. The only thing I can recommend is searching the Copyright Office. Unfortunately, only records from January 1, 1978 through today are available through online search. But you can initiate a search by filling out the following online form:

Downside to this, is that it is expensive for a search ($165, I believe) and there is no guarantee that something will come up. However, If the song was registered, it will be there, and that will solve your problem. Wish there was another way.