M.Arch, Artist, Licensed Architect
Experience:  Expert Researcher, Former Professional Journal Editor, Ivy League Masters

i need a tricky comeback to this comment someone has made he

i need a tricky comeback to this comment someone has made he has stated: the one who is not living his reality sadly lives only in his own imagination. could you please help with a comment that leaves some questioning or doubt??? thanku
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  M.Arch replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer and thank you for your question.

Here are some quotes regarding imagination vs. reality. I hope one of these will work for you:

"People who lean on logic and philosophy and rational exposition end by starving the best part of the mind. " (XXXXX XXXXX Yeats)

"Reality can be beaten with enough imagination."

"Reality is for people who lack imagination."

"Reality is that part of the imagination we all agree on."

"There is a boundary to men's passions when they act from feelings; but none when they are under the influence of imagination. " (Edmund Burke)

"They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can see nothing but sea. " (Francis Bacon)

"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." (Edgar Allen Poe)

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!" (Dr. Seuss)

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk." (Thomas Edison)

"To regard the imagination as metaphysics is to think of it as part of life, and to think of it as part of life is to realize the extent of artifice. We live in the mind." (Wallace Stevens)

"We are told never to cross a bridge till we come to it, but this world is owned by men who have "crossed bridges" in their imagination far ahead of the crowd."

"Were it not for imagination, a man would be as happy in the arms of a chambermaid as of a duchess. " (XXXXX XXXXX)

I hope this information is helpful, and if so please click the green "ACCEPT" icon as this is the only way that I am paid for my answer through JustAnswer. I do not receive any other compensation from JustAnswer.
Bonuses never expected, but always appreciated!
Feel free to ask additional related questions.
Thank you.

Edited by MJ on 9/24/2009 at 1:27 AM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thats great thankyou! also could you please just give me sum little pointers on how to deal with this person a little easier, he plays mind games and tricks often with comments and also answers things leaving a question mark and often likes to have the upper hand with peoples psych...hmmm. if u could help that would be great! thanku
Expert:  M.Arch replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer- thank you for your reply.

People who like to play "mind games" and make little jabs with this type of comment are usually somewhat insecure and enjoy feeling clever and deeply complicated and philosophical.
If it's fun for you, then go ahead and try to "outdo" him with your own witty comebacks. The problem with this is that it's probably going to encourage him to continue to play this little game, because he's going to feel that you've outsmarted him and that he has to get back on top with some new witticism.

But if this guy's mind games are annoying or troubling to you, then my advice would be to let the guy just feel like he has the upper hand on the witty comments front, and not bother to try to outdo him! If he's not getting a reaction out of you then he will give up on this game eventually.

I hope this is helpful.

Edited by MJ on 9/24/2009 at 1:48 AM EST