M.Arch
M.Arch, Artist, Licensed Architect
Experience:  Expert Researcher, Former Professional Journal Editor, Ivy League Masters
13403057

In the film Australia with Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman -

In the film Australia with Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman - I would like to know the name of the song playing when they are dancing together under the tree and where I can download it from. This is for my girlfriends birthday - please can you look at this asap. Would make it very speacial. A man is singing the song in the film.
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  M.Arch replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer and thank you for your question.

The full soundtrack of Australia has never been released. There are a few songs from the movie available for download from iTunes and various other sources, including:
By the Boab Tree
The Drover's Ballad
You Ride Your Way and I'll Ride Mine
All Night Long
Waltzing Mathilda

The rest of the soundtrack from the movie has not been released.

I believe the song that you're looking for may be Such Great Heights, which was originally done by The Postal Service and has since been covered by Iron and Wine, Ben Folds, and others. There are many versions of this song available online, though the actual soundtrack from the movie is unavilable for this song.
Here is a link to Iron and Wine's cover of the song on YouTube, so that you can determine whether this is the correct song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKGHkBComjM

Please let me know if this is not the song you had in mind, and provide any additional information you have regarding the singer, instrumental accompaniment, style, etc. so that I may better pinpoint the song.

I hope this information is helpful, and if so please click the green "ACCEPT" icon as this is the only way that I get paid for my answer through JustAnswer.
Feel free to ask additional related questions.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the song itself is sampled on the soundtrack at the beginning of the track called first kiss.If you can give me any more info that would help as I would like to get a version of the singer humming it. Looking into it the song I think is called Boab Lullably. It is when Hugh Jackman + Nicole Kidman are under the Boab tree. It is played on a ukelele. Do you know where I can download just the man humming the tune.
Expert:  M.Arch replied 7 years ago.
The song "Boab Lullaby" has not been released on the Australia soundtrack. As I mentioned above, the soundtrack that is available for this movie is incomplete. Please see this article: http://www.australiamovie.net/2009/06/full-length-australia-soundtrack-out-now-on-itunes/

I located this additional YouTube clip, titled "Boab Lullaby", but the song sounds similar to the song I linked to above, so I'm not sure it's what you're looking for.
http://movies.apunkachoice.com/titles/aus/australia/mid_25262/videos/moytid/XKEMNMxiOio/boab-lullaby-from-australia--the-movie.html

I found many other inquiries from those seeking this same song, but the song from the movie is not available as a download from any legal source.

I hope this information is helpful, and if so please click the green "ACCEPT" icon as this is the only way that I get paid for my answer from JustAnswer.
Thank you.