Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
1470369

I remember seeing an episode of Old Grey Whistle Test probably

Customer Question

I remember seeing an episode of Old Grey Whistle Test probably in the late 70's or early '80s. I'm trying to put a name on a singer I saw then. It was a guy and he was stupid looking and acting. He was singing a song like an idiot and his backing singers were a bunch of regular men and women in a line behind him. The song was catchy and his performance was frantic but good all the same. Who was he? I don't recall any more.
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.

Is it possible you remember the name of the song or any lines/words from it, from this guy's performance? That might help me locate the episode.

Thanks,
Cher
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

No, I've nothing more. I know what I've given you is very slim but it's all I have. I hoped somebody remembered the kooky guy or could suggest a few names i could google or youtube. Don't spend to long or beat yourself up over it. It's Saturday night and I'm just a bit nostalgic. Brian

Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hi again, Brian, and thanks for your reply.

Do you remember if he was s 'regular' on the show or a guest star/singer?

I'm researching this for you, now.

Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hi again, Brian.

I think this may help you look at some episodes, guest stars and 'regulars' from the shows in the late 70's early 80's and see if anyone looks/sounds familiar to you:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0259795/episodes

Cher
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Cher, I guess the nature of the show was to showcase new / alternative music and as such most acts were new. However, acts that were successful did come back. My guy was probably too offbeat to succeed. i dont want to waste your time.
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hi again, Brian.

No problem, I was happy to research this for you.

Cher