Cher
Cher , MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
1470369

cher, I would like to fine a free download for a 1976 album

Customer Question

cher, I would like to fine a free download for a 1976 album called Something New by Barbi Benton, I like all the songs on the album and cant find them any were except on utube and they are video's and cant download them. I have tried many stores for a cd of that album and no luck.   help kay
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hi again, Kay, and thanks for your question.

Sometimes, it's not possible to download an album, but only individual songs from it.

Is the title of the album, "Something New", also the title of one of the songs?

Please give me a little while to research this for you.

Thanks,
Cher
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes ,something new is the title of the album and also the title of one of the songs
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hi again, Kay, and thanks for your additional information.

You can try www.Kazaa.com and see if they have this Barbie Benton album for download. You need to register, first.

You can also check this site, which has the album for sale on a records and cds, by various individuals;

http://www.musicstack.com/album/barbi+benton/something+new

Due to the date of it's recording, I don't think it's going to be easy to find it available for free download online; I think you'd have more luck buying it online from someplace like Amazon or eBay.
Amazon has used and new record albums, and I also found an 8-track tape of this, for sale (I didn't know if you had an 8-track player or not). I think you'd be better off with the album on vinyl, if you have a record player. You can always transfer the record to cd on your own, or have someone do it for you.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_m?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=Something+New+Barbi+Benton&x=0&y=0

http://music.shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=barbi+benton+something+new+&_sacat=11233

I wish you much good luck!

Cher
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Cher, thanks for trying to help me , but I found away on my own and it works, I have my songs I wanted. thanks kay

Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hi again, Kay.

Great! I'm glad you found a way to do it. Can you tell me what you did to get the songs you wanted from the album?

Cher
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Cher, I have a friend who has a barbi benton cassette of something new the same one I want, so I went to free ask.com and asked if there is away to download the song.There was a few ways to do it, the way I did it was to download (audacity) and I had to go buy a audio cable that cost me $10. I connect one end to the headphone on a bombox and the other end to the microphone jack in back of the computor. I was able to get the songs but couldn't figure out how to burn them to a cd, I do have a cd burner in the computor, but it all worked out, because all I really wanted to do was to put the songs on my ipod, when I was downloading the songs it asked where I would like to send them and I saw iTunes where I put the songs before I transfer them to my ipod and now I have all the songs I wanted. Thank you for your time , but I wont need your help after all. kay

Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hi again, Kay and thanks for letting me know how you were able to get the songs.

I'm very glad for you, that you got them, and can now listen to them on your iPod!

Cher (I'm sending this as a 'request for information', but there is no need for a reply)