Martin, Engineer
Experience:  Fan of Cinema and Video Games
14666028

I am creating a modeling agency, I understand the whole business

Customer Question

I am creating a modeling agency, I understand the whole business except one thing. How do I get clients? I have read that you have to send portfolios to different clients, invite them to diner etc to have some relationship with them but my question is.

Imagine Procter & Gamble wants to make a tv ad and needs models, who takes care of this in the company, does procter & gamble take care of the casting or not? If I wanted p&g to be my client how should i approach them? who should i speak with in order to have more chances to pick my models??

Please give me all the tips and tricks you know.

Thanks!
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Martin replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer welcome to Just Answer.

The only way to get for example Procter & Gamble would be to be a vertically integrated agency that is also an ad agency (and you would need to have some previous work to show them, so expect to start small and build from there).

I never worked for a company that hired model directly. Some might do in the special case of choosing a spoke person with a pretty face or a mascot (like Lara Croft for the Tomb Raider video games) .

Most of the time you will have as direct customer: photograph, ad agency and other larger modeling agency (here is a list of many important modeling agency http://www.topmodellingagencies.co.uk/ )

Of course, now with the internet, you can bypass a lot of this by just having a web presence, but expect that as bonus only and you will still need to actively search for contract. Even if you have your model working full time, you will still need to work to get them higher job or they will eventually leave you.