danny541
danny541, Entertainment Fan
Experience:  Am a old movie buff ..
4284543

I want to legally create a stage name for myself. How do I

I want to legally create a stage name for myself. How do I do this because I'm starting to go nuts here. I need to keep my public internet life seperate from my everyday normal life. Help!
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  danny541 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

You will need to go down to the court house in your city, and file to change your name!

They'll charge you a fee for it, and if no one objects to it, and its not something you shouldn't use they will grant it!

Please remember to click the green accept button so I receive payment!

Positive feedback is appreciated!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I think I should have explained myself better. I want to create a seperate stage name. I don't want to change my real name to my stage name, I want a whole seperate identity to stand behind so that I can live a normal life in safety. Let me explain why. I am a nude internet model. I have set up both a bank account and a P.O. box with my real name & my stage name. But I want to remain as hidden as possible from the perverts and stalkers that inevitably come with this kind of business. Since I have already set up a bank account and a P.O. Box, what do I need to do? Authors do this all the time when they set up their pseudonyms, and they don't have to change their names. I like me, and I like my name, I just want to keep them as seperated as possible from my other life, and it seems to me that legally changing my name to my stage name will automatically make it easier for people to locate me. Am I making any sense?
Expert:  danny541 replied 5 years ago.
I get what you are saying, you won't have to do anything but call yourself whatever name you have chosen,it will be an alias name that you will just go by on the internet!

People do this all the time to protect their own identities,that way you will not have others bothering you, but remember there is always the chance you will be recognized and if that happens, then you may still have problems!

Good-luck!

Positive feedback is appreciated!

danny541, Entertainment Fan
Experience: Am a old movie buff ..